SHTF - Signage

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THIS I have to see!
WOW
Have to see!?? there is a person who did not read the comic strip or see the movie?
Devall & Caine, Wayne, Eastwood, Scott, McCray, Robertson, Boone, Rogers & Murphy.

This one will only stop educated folks, the others just die,
This is a good one to put up, when I worked as a custodian at the local elementary I put one of these signs on the refrigerator in the teachers lounge, if you had seen the Tupperware container I pulled out of the refrigerator that once was chicken that turned into a liquid, you'd realize that that sign had truth to it. Over the years of working there, I'm surprised that there wasn't cases of food poisoning due to what I saw in that refrigerator.

I do rather like this sign, seen in Sierra Leone, 2019:

bYgQmuR.jpg

Not a house sign, an area sign. The sign is postd long before they can see a house. The dead animal and scavengers in the area just beyond the signs should instill a bit of doubt.

Not a house sign, an area sign. The sign is postd long before they can see a house. The dead animal and scavengers in the area just beyond the signs should instill a bit of doubt.
If we are going to put up with the smell of rooting bodies would composting them be called for?

Ben

Perhaps in the forest but not in the garden or farmland.

That would mess up the look.The toxin killed the animal and then the scavengers were killed when they got close too.
It's better if it looks active. That way it looks airborne.

When the Chinese virus first started to spread in the U.S. , I bought a large roll of 3 inch wide yellow crime scene type tape that reads " Quarantined area " . This I intended to put up , but as things with the biological attack manifested itself into reality soon realized this precaution measure wasn't necessary as all unwanted visitors ceased upon their own . The roll of " quarantine tape " sits in my stash if needed .

Have you really never seen this movie? Second Hand Lions and Hildago are 2 of the best "clean" movies I can think of.
No TV and I don't get out much. I kind of live like those guys. :)

One of my all time favorite movies. I watch it every time it is on. I think my favorite scene is Robert Duval checking himself out of the hospital.

My sign says " Friends Welcome (Relatives by Appointment)

I was not going to reply to this thread because during SHTF times I could think of zero reasons for any kind of signs.
But I was wrong. A colorful sign with a lot of verbiage (no matter what it says) would be perfect.
It would temporarily hold the attention of the intruding party and allow the initial impacts to be all head shots.

Latest posts

Back