Sink scorpions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were they the white ones? When we were staying at my ex brother-in-laws KOA campground south of Pampa, we stored some things in an upper floor of one of the buildings on the grounds we found a white scorpion and he claimed that we brought it, however we never saw a scorpion in the Colorado mountains where we lived. We have dark colored scorpions around here, all I have to do is break a rotten stump apart and they will often be in the rotted wood and have seen them walking around on warm summer nights, I've heard the dark ones sting is now worse than a bee sting, however, I've heard that the white ones sting can be very bad. I've seen the dark ones, which are only found around old growth timber, get up over 6" in length, they look like something out of a nightmare.

Had another scorpion helping me do dishes tonight! Fourth one in the kitchen sink lately, not cool! Over the summer they frequented the shower. That's where I learned to kill with a shampoo bottle! At least they die clean!!

you just scared the crap out of me. o_O

My daughter had a couple of scorpion stings over the years. Then she had a centipede bite in Hawaii. She said she'd take 100 scorpion stings over one centipede bite any day. The centipede was excruciating. Can take people out of action for several days.

Were they the white ones? When we were staying at my ex brother-in-laws KOA campground south of Pampa, we stored some things in an upper floor of one of the buildings on the grounds we found a white scorpion and he claimed that we brought it, however we never saw a scorpion in the Colorado mountains where we lived. We have dark colored scorpions around here, all I have to do is break a rotten stump apart and they will often be in the rotted wood and have seen them walking around on warm summer nights, I've heard the dark ones sting is now worse than a bee sting, however, I've heard that the white ones sting can be very bad. I've seen the dark ones, which are only found around old growth timber, get up over 6" in length, they look like something out of a nightmare.
These are a two tone brown, about an inch and a half long. The babies are a clearish white! I'll try to take a picture, sure there will be more!

My daughter had a couple of scorpion stings over the years. Then she had a centipede bite in Hawaii. She said she'd take 100 scorpion stings over one centipede bite any day. The centipede was excruciating. Can take people out of action for several days.
I've heard that! Scorpion stings are bad enough! I always check my shoes before putting them on!

Latest posts

Back