Thrivalist
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Those look good, @Sentry18 but what would I know? So much to learn, which to choose? ...Soap making, ham radios, target practice, weapon maintenance, orienteering...?
Another soap forum (I rarely look at) has posted something called soap friend but I don't think it's working out too well for some folks.

dademoss

Grumpy old buzzard
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm working on that. Even collected a new friend who makes it and invited me to her home to learn how.
I have 2 forms with the liners and a couple of highly recommended books. Purchasing the ingredients will come after I get the tutoring.

Fundy

Somewhat known member
Neighbor
Ah...patchouli. What memories of the late '60s. A great b.o. and other smoky odors cover-up.

I'm looking for bar soap with verbena fragrance...not lemon verbena, just verbena. All out local craft fairs either don't have or or have never heard of it. Was once a major tiny hotel soap fragrance option.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Ah...patchouli. What memories of the late '60s. A great b.o. and other smoky odors cover-up.

I'm looking for bar soap with verbena fragrance...not lemon verbena, just verbena. All out local craft fairs either don't have or or have never heard of it. Was once a major tiny hotel soap fragrance option.
Looks like it is a highfalutin French scented soap scent. It is not cheap either.

https://www.amazon.com/slp/verbena-soap/2c4d38kbhg945hq

If a person grew verbena plants/flowers, how would you extract the scent from it?

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have wanted to make soap, but have yet to even gather the supplies.
You don't need much. Something to use as a form. Pretty much anything that doesn't leak will do. A kitchen scale, fat, water and lye and a bowl and spoon to mix. I use the long dishwashing gloves to protect my hands. You can get most of it at a thrift store.

Latest posts