Sooo........have you noticed that I am........near fully freaked about next week, read this.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Some of you may have noticed that I just keep harping about what is come. I don't blame you if you think I am over reacting. It is understandable that someone far-far-far from "Normal" might be slightly apprehensive.

Can you imagine my shock at reading this article, especially considering it came from Microsoft News. I fully expected it to wildly one-sided......no they figure everyone is bat'spit crazy and ready for anarchy. Could have knocked me over with a small feather.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...the-other-side-wins/ar-BB1anlKa?ocid=msedgdhp

Last edited:
Can you imagine my shock at reading this article, especially considering it came from Microsoft News. I fully expected it to wildly one-sided......no they figure everyone is bat'spit crazy and ready for anarchy.
The article is a Washington Post Op-ed that MSN used Microsoft News to build into a webpage.
That's why it says: "Powered by Microsoft News" under the MSN logo.
Secondly, this country survived 8 years of BO just fine after "W".
No nuclear war, no overthrow of the gubment, just a pretty bad recession, that's all.
And the same wailers screamed armageddon in 2016 because a non-politician got elected and was going to launch all the nuclear missiles by mistake.
panic.gif

Didn't happen.
Relax. Either way November goes, we will survive ok.

Pure deep hate, loathing and substantial fear is the difference this election.

Given the current condition..........could you possible imagine that someone could have ever suggested that a specific person be nominated by "BOTH" Republican and Democratic parties. How weird is that today..???

"On January 6, 1952, Lodge entered Eisenhower's name into the New Hampshire primary ballot without Eisenhower's permission. Soon 24 newspapers including The New York Times endorsed Eisenhower, and Senator Paul Douglas even suggested that both parties nominate Eisenhower with differing vice-presidential running mates."

1952 was the first year I "Kind'a" campaigned for a presidential candidate. We first graders were given "I LIKE IKE" buttons to wear, and a second one we were to take home to our daddy.

Yes......I remember when America was GREAT.

Last edited:
As I tell my wife, "Don't borrow trouble." Be aware of the potential but don't freak out. Worry causes stress which causes all sorts of problems. You don't put on your seat belt thinking that being in a wreck will be a great fun thing to do. You put on a seat belt so that you might survive. Most of us are as prepped as we can reasonably be.

My biggest concern is the stock market, and more specifically my 401K. I don't have the time to survive another crash, and I would like to retire in the very near future. We have been advised that both parties are heavily invested in the success of the Stock Market, and it shouldn't change regardless of the election. That is the terrifying unknown for me.

My biggest concern is the stock market, and more specifically my 401K. ...

Close to the stock market peak I guessed right and move all of my 401K to a IRA. Now my "paper" profits are locked in. I'm retired and fortunate that I don't need the IRA for living expenses.

#2 daughter was in the banking business and recommends investing in municipal bonds, safe and growth will keep my IRA up with inflation. I figuring (guessing) first of next year I'll move the majority of the IRA into municipal bonds.

I believe municipal bonds are tax exempt, so your dividends would not be taxed. I have also been advised to watch where the municipal bond is going. A bond that will be going toward utilities, hospitals, airports etc. is better than one that may be going toward a shopping mall.

I told my broker to have a plan to convert everything into bonds if the election is not to our liking. A crazy pipe dream, I know, but if I ever hit the lottery I would put every penny into Triple A rated municipal bonds, and live off of the interest.

I have found that if you feel that you are frekin out do dome breathin exersizes ...They go like this ..When in trouble when in doubt flap your arms run in circles scream and shout....when you are done with that you have really worked up a sweat and breathing hard and now your major concern is not havin a heart attack.

That's funny ssonb. Although, I do find that a good cardio workout does indeed help relieve anxiety. A nice walk will do the same thing. If nothing else, it gets you away from the panic inducing TV.

Eat well, get adequate exercise, and concentrate on the good things in life. I try to remember perspective when I get anxious. We have it better here than almost any other place in the world. Our worries are minimal compared to others. Yes, we have to do our part to keep America great, but don't forget to enjoy the ride. I will vote and I will be as prepared as I can reasonably be. That's all I can do. On election night, I'll be sitting on my recliner with some popcorn and probably some cocktails. I'm not going to fear the unknown. I'm going to make a party out of it. Life's short.......have fun. If you're good with God, you have nothing to fear.

I found if I start freaking out, I just need to do something calming - like "Drink Tequila". :)

I fixed it for you...........drink buddy

The article is a Washington Post Op-ed that MSN used Microsoft News to build into a webpage.

WAPO : Strike one

Democracy: Strike two.

In all reality the Op-ed may not be far off. I fully expect a full on display of stupidity like we have been seeing if Trump wins.

A full on war against America by a corrupt government if Biden wins.

Actually, I had my panic about ten years ago and am pretty good feeling about what is coming up here at the end of a long dirt road with building full of food and ammo. No money in the stock market, nothing 'out there' to lose.

I'm going to act like there nothing to worry about, one step at a time, day after day... Other than taking steps to protect myself and vote, there is nothing much to do but go to work, do my job, and hope I wake up in 1985..... Marty, I just had the strangest dream...

Are you out in the middle of nowhere? Why would you be fearing?

My fear is slight for my safety........my fear is for the safety of "My Country".

I also fear for the safety of the many who, feel they are adequately prepared. It is my belief that many are grossly underestimating what is coming.

And the election results, are only the "Trigger" for what is coming. Even if Donald Trump wins by a massive landslide, things are going to be horrific going forward for America, and most of the world.

I feel that if I keep telling what I have stated in this post over and over and over.........that it will mitigate only slightly the need to "Harden My Heart" in the future. I can look myself in the mirror, and know that I honestly tried.

You can only do what you can do. I've been working on this for many, many years. There's too many unknowns. But I won't give up, because I'm not a quitter. Some fear is ok, I think.
But geesh, Sourdough, you're going to make me run to the store again.

I say bring it on. . . I have been waiting to get this vote over and done with once and for all. I voted day 2 of early voting. I have no doubt in my mind that Trump will win. . . IF he doesn't, I feel like it will be because of mail in ballot fraud. Just look at the "rallys". . . Trump attracts thousands and Sleepy Joe a handful. Even with Bon Jovi showing up. Think they were there more for Bon Jovi then Biden. Heck Obmer attracts more at 70 in attendance. Once this is all said and done I think Trump will shut down all the rioting down quickly.

Trump will shut down all the rioting down quickly.

I expect the same.......but the election result, and shutting down the "Anarchy" and "Insurrection" is less then 2% of the hell that is coming. And that is my point. People are focused on the distraction.

I expect the same.......but the election result, and shutting down the "Anarchy" and "Insurrection" is less then 2% of the hell that is coming. And that is my point. People are focused on the distraction.
Just like last time (2016), remember all the snowflakes screaming in the streets?
And the non-stop attempted coops to overturn the election?
Same thing, nothing more.
When BO got elected, we all just sucked it up and went back to work.
Anybody that spoke out was immediately branded a racist and censured, so we kept our mouths shut and survived one of the longest recessions in history.
But after 8 solid years of being stomped on, we came back with a vengance:waiting:.
And there was hell prosperity to pay. We came out good.
The worst that can happen is NP breaks out a new conspiracy theory that keeps the H.O.R stuck in neutral for another 4 years.:rolleyes:BFD.

Just like last time (2016), remember all the snowflakes screaming in the streets?
And the non-stop attempted coops to overturn the election?
Same thing, nothing more.
When BO got elected, we all just sucked it up and went back to work.
Anybody that spoke out was immediately branded a racist and censured, so we kept our mouths shut and survived one of the longest recessions in history.
But after 8 solid years of being stomped on, we came back with a vengance:waiting:.
And there was hell prosperity to pay. We came out good.
The worst that can happen is NP breaks out a new conspiracy theory that keeps the H.O.R stuck in neutral for another 4 years.:rolleyes:
Heck I felt totally defeated back in 2012, , , How in the heck did Obama get reelected?? I was absolutely devastated on the insides.

Latest posts

Back