sources of high quality food stores

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssonb

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have been rebuilding our foodstores at home since the loss from the move, we were buying Augason farms products mostly because of quality and a selection in that the foods do not contain MSG or they have choices that have no COW included, I am highly allergic to all beef and milk products. Now since the Shamdemic almost anyone with non tainted foodstuffs is sold out, are there any other suggestions, we have been trying to can our own again but we work and the time restraints is leading to mistakes and spoiled efforts.

I have a dehydrator .....I might need to get some veggies from the local farmers and dehy then vacuum seal, some thoughts there, but I have noticed that even the old farmers are not bringing as much fresh to the market they are probably stocking up ahead also.

Azure Standard is my go to but is almost local for me and as stated above, might not deliver everywhere. The next thing I would try depending upon what you’re after is to contact your local extension office. They often know of cottage industries where you are more apt to get good quality and fewer chemicals. And the real perk is it would be local for you. You might end up with a few resources as well.

Back