Spice up those hot dogs for the Fourth!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm somewhat of a hotdog connoisseur. I love hotdogs and have worked in 42 states. I've had the local version of a hotdog in each state. I have a "top 20" list of dogs I make. Most are variations from the 42 states.

My opinion... No matter which version you like it starts with the meat. Where I live now I don't have an old fashioned butcher shop who hand makes their own dogs. I'm stuck buying at the market. There are still a couple of decent choices. I prefer "Hebrew National" kosher dogs, "Nathans" is a close second. I don't by the cheap stuff, might as well by the off brand mustard and the cheap ketchup and feed it to a kid who doesn't know any better.

After choosing a quality meat, your imagination is your only limit as to what makes a great hotdog. ;)

I think I'm somewhat of a hotdog connoisseur. I love hotdogs and have worked in 42 states. I've had the local version of a hotdog in each state. I have a "top 20" list of dogs I make. Most are variations from the 42 states.

My opinion... No matter which version you like it starts with the meat. Where I live now I don't have an old fashioned butcher shop who hand makes their own dogs. I'm stuck buying at the market. There are still a couple of decent choices. I prefer "Hebrew National" kosher dogs, "Nathans" is a close second. I don't by the cheap stuff, might as well by the off brand mustard and the cheap ketchup and feed it to a kid who doesn't know any better.

After choosing a quality meat, your imagination is your only limit as to what makes a great hotdog. ;)

Love Nathans hot dogs!! :great:

I posted this before in February... I smoked some hebrew national dogs with pecan wood on natural lump charcoal... Yummy!

grilled dogs_v1.jpg

Us too. Now and then the Hebrew or Nathans is buy one get one free and I stock up the freezer with them.

Latest posts

Back