Stay out of my house!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a justified shooting to me ... probably just a matter of policy but it sounds a little chicken **** for IA to become involved - not like it was a line of duty shooting. The DA ought to be able to handle this based on the field investigation conducted by the responding officers. Wonder if it might not be an over reaction given the sensitive political climate associated with officer involved shootings.

LEO's are never really off duty. I did not read the article entirely but she may very well have used a dept. issued gun, she definitely used department training. So liability exists off duty or not. I used to be an IA investigator, so I am well versed in such things.

LEO's are never really off duty. I did not read the article entirely but she may very well have used a dept. issued gun, she definitely used department training. So liability exists off duty or not. I used to be an IA investigator, so I am well versed in such things.
I hear ya, and your quite right ... never entirely off duty. IA must have been a tough (and sometimes thankless) job. And you make a good point about the firearm possibly being a department issue. I just hate the climate right now that almost makes it necessary to investigate everything simply for liability reasons. The job is tough enough as it is. Like I said it sounds like a justified shooting to me.

Hey M,

Always like a story with a "happy ending"!

Would like to get that nice Lady Sheriff's Deputy............... a case of ammo!!

Later, Mark

probably just a matter of policy but it sounds a little chicken **** for IA to become involved - not like it was a line of duty shooting.

Yeah, but given the current political climate, I can see why they want to thoroughly investigate it.

Yeah, but given the current political climate, I can see why they want to thoroughly investigate it.
I see absolutely nothing to investigate... if it wasn't a blue state.
Reminds me of a story 18 miles away from me:

Some guy broke into a man's house and the homeowner splattered him against the wall with a load of OOB from a 12-gauge.
The SO arrived and 2 deputies grabbed the homeowner by the arms.
The sheriff walked in, looked at the dead guy in the pool of blood, picked up the shotgun and walked over to the homeowner.
He leaned in real close and said: "I know a good way to get blood out of carpet" and thrust the shotgun back in the homeowner's hands.
The SO informed the press that the perp had a long record of burglaries and this was his last.

We don't have a problem with breaking&entering down here. They estimate 85% of homes have guns.
Burglars are either locked up for their own safety, pushing up daisies, or deciding which one is for them.

I see absolutely nothing to investigate... if it wasn't a blue state.

And in Detroit.

I don't really see it either, just pointing out the fact that should a certain group become vocal about it, it was looked into.

Latest posts

Back