Stony River Village

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
some history about stony river village and how it became . first half of vid is interview and last half is old photos from back in the day.

some history about stony river village and how it became . first half of vid is interview and last half is old photos from back in the day.

That video was wonderful, Thanks. And thank you for this information. I crashed an airplane very, very near there at a guiding lodge. That is where I talked to the guy who with many others would migrate to Lake Clark long ago.

That video was wonderful, Thanks. And thank you for this information. I crashed an airplane very, very near there at a guiding lodge. That is where I talked to the guy who with many others would migrate to Lake Clark long ago.

just imagine getting that tractor on site !!

sidenote...the trapline twins..the Collins twins who live in Denali...wrote about getting icelandic ponies into their remote homestead. once they had a vet tranquilize the little horse and they put it in an airplane. half way to homestead it came to and only daylight or way forward to freedom it could see was the windshield of the plane.it was a hell of fight keeping it from coming over the front seats to bust free through the windshield. imagine flying tat plane with a multi 100# moving and thrashing beast free as cargo !!

the sisters are aging and in 2017 they said as long as they could do the things they would stay in remote homestead.i think they will be 64 this year.i checked so yea..64 they were born in 1959.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back