Surprise, There Is No "Online Loophole"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why the results of the study weren't publicized on mainstream media after C&W's 30 day delay was completed. (I think I know why, but hey, maybe I'm overly suspicious.)

Good read. Unfortunately, Dems and the MSM will never let the facts get in the way of their evil agendas.

Thanks Roger.

I spent the time reading the story, and I was left thinking, "it sure would have been nice if they provided the report." However, after closer scrutiny, I found the link in the story which wasn't that visible to me initially. So, here is the report for those interested.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/688535.pdf

I saw this on only one site but well written and sounds like something Cummings and Warren would do. Anyone else know or heard about this ?

http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/dems-learn-its-harder-to-buy-guns-illegally-online-than-they-thought/
No, haven't heard anything about this... And if the anti's can get their way nobody is ever gonna hear about it.
So don't hold your breath till the lamestream news reports on it cause.... NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Thanks for posting bargeahead, interesting read.

Thanks Roger.

I spent the time reading the story, and I was left thinking, "it sure would have been nice if they provided the report." However, after closer scrutiny, I found the link in the story which wasn't that visible to me initially. So, here is the report for those interested.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/688535.pdf
Thanks Dave for digging out that report. I'm sure they buried it well.
For those who don't want to dig thru pages of mind-numbing drivel about the ATF, what they do, and how they do it;
here's the short and not so sweet news about how easy it was for undercover agents to buy firearms on the internet and receive them without going thru a FFL:
upload_2018-1-5_22-3-53.png

Key words: "did not result in any successful purchases of firearms".
Zero, Zip, Nada. Well Damn!
go crazy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
56 refused to sell across state lines...

11 were scams...including 2 who were paid and did not ship...

5 forum accounts were banned when prohibited status was revealed...

I've never tried to buy a firearm over the web...and don't think I ever will !!

It's just one of those things you got to see and handle in person...at least for me.

I've never tried to buy a firearm over the web...and don't think I ever will !!

It's just one of those things you got to see and handle in person...at least for me.

They were trying to bypass the FFL transfer.
I've bought almost all of mine online. Never had a problem..... doing it legally.

Yep on the "They were trying to bypass the FFL transfer".
Most of my guns was also bought online , no problems, and it saved me money.
There is a "online loophole" for Georgia and I'm sure it exist for some other states. I know that there are people who only buy through the loophole. ..because it would be harder to find . The sale is not in the books/data base.

Understood about the OP topic...

What I was saying is that...for me...buying a firearm is something that entails personally touching and checking the function of in person. Handling that particular firearm lets me know that this IS the one I want to buy...

I can buy ammo...magazines...a laser or scope...but the actual gun...I have to see in person.

Just me I guess...

That's what Cabelas and borrowed/rented guns are used.. for the touchy feely...just kidding.

Nawh, It's not just you. Ideally I would have it the way you do. More so if the gun is used.

There is a "online loophole" for Georgia and I'm sure it exist for some other states. I know that there are people who only buy through the loophole. ..because it would be harder to find . The sale is not in the books/data base.
Well, don't tell Pelosi!
I'm sure there will be Russians involved before the investigation is over.
:ROLF:

LOL...or Dianne Feinkenstein :Angie:

Understood about the OP topic...

What I was saying is that...for me...buying a firearm is something that entails personally touching and checking the function of in person. Handling that particular firearm lets me know that this IS the one I want to buy...

I can buy ammo...magazines...a laser or scope...but the actual gun...I have to see in person.

Just me I guess...

If you don't mind creating a minor hassle for your LGS - or compensate him for it - The gun isn't purchased until you accept it and do the NICS. The selling dealer is required to accept its return and refund your money. Yeah I know, not ideal.

Understood VT...

But for me...it's like buying a new or used car without test driving it.

Many of the gun ranges I frequent sell firearms...some new...some used...and some on consignment.

Just like the car...I gonna kick the tires, check under the hood, and test drive it if possible.

Can't do that online...even with the Car Fax.

I have only bought one gun in recent memory that I had never held in my hand first. It was the new Remington 9mm. I frequent two well stocked LGS and visit gun shows fairly regularly. I had not seen one of the new Remingtons at any of these, but the price was too good not to take a chance. WRONG. Once it arrived, it took me about 3 minutes to dislike it greatly. The poly frame felt like a cheap child's toy. It did not fit my hand at all. I traded it at the first opportunity. I am back to the 'no buy until try ' mentality.

Edit: I do not mean I have to have the gun in hand in order to trust the seller. I do mean that I like to know how the grip feels in my hand, how the trigger position to the grip feels, and where it points when I put it in hand, close my eyes, and point it at a reference target. I also like to see the finish and look at the quality of machining.

I was quite amused by the Libtard attempt to ensnare gun sellers.:lol:

It backfired on them, BIG TIME!:cry:

I have been buying and selling firearms to and from my collection for the last ten years, with no problems. Online gun sales are MORE closely regulated than "in person" sales.

As for the "feel it before buy it" basis, for me, it depends on what the firearm is, and who the seller is. If it is a FACTORY NEW firearm, I have NO reluctance at all to purchase on the internet. If it is USED, then I am a bit more cautious. I check the "Seller's" online status and record of completed sales for customer satisfaction. I'm not saying you can't get burned, but it is VERY unlikely. Most gun owners that buy, sell, trade their collections, are VERY conscientious and friendly.:D

Back