"SURVIVAL" Easter Candy............??????????

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, there rarely seems to be any middle ground when it comes to black jelly beans. Love 'em or hate 'em. 😅

When I was a teenager I always had a figure skating competition the weekend after Easter - so no Easter baskets full of candy for me, always had to eat healthy before competition. But as soon as I'd competed, all bets were off! Mom and I would find some drugstore near our venue and indulge in half-priced Easter candy, never knowing what we'd still be able to find at that point. If nothing else, we usually were able to get Brach's jelly beans. To this day, those jelly beans take me down memory lane... :)

ETA: I do like to get things like M&Ms when they reach half price and vacuum seal them in mason jars as a prep. A little comfort when times get tough isn't a bad thing.

I just puked in my mouth a little. I hate those things (or anything anis based).
Yeah, when I was young, those were our favorite ones......to throw at each other🤪.
I will key off of SD's "SURVIVAL" word and say that chocolate bars will store just fine for years (if you don't let them get hot) and were in military rations for decades. :thumbs:

Last edited:
I just puked in my mouth a little. I hate those things (or anything anis based).
They were the only candy growing up no body would eat, but me.
They were the only candy my sons and their friends wouldn't eat either.
And my grandchildren won't eat them either.
Just means more for me and Amish Heart's husband.

They were the only candy growing up no body would eat, but me.
They were the only candy my sons and their friends wouldn't eat either.
And my grandchildren won't eat them either.
Just means more for me and Amish Heart's husband.
And me :p I love black licorice (including black jelly beans), but I think of it as a winter flavor rather than a spring flavor. My aunt also likes black licorice so that's what I get her each year for Christmas. And she is on Santa's naughty list because she never waits to open my gift when she receives it. I also make "Anise Owls" which is a kind of shortbread cookie, but I think tarragon tastes more like licorice than anise. The anise has it's own flavor. But it could also be like watermelon vs. watermelon candy - flavors are totally different.

Licorice? This!
1711573679884.png

My Dad would open his Peeps and let them sit several days to harden up!! I can't eat them any other way!!
...I've never had any that didn't vanish in a day 🤪.

I think you spelled that wrong. The proper spelling is "anus", because that's how gross black jelly beans are...

My pops is a black licorice fanatic. He never had to worry about me getting into his stash...

I'll be getting a couple bags of Smarties at the after Easter sale. Not because I want to eat them, but because Smarties are made with dextrose. Dextrose is digested the fastest of all the different kinds of sugar. When I get hypoglycemia, there's nothing better to raise my blood glucose quick...

I will be shopping today for my wife. Flowers, card, and candy. My Mother always used to say "it isn't Easter without a bunny"

Latest posts

Back