"SURVIVAL" RANCH......Sold two hundred million.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I wonder who his neighbors are? Letterman, Gates, Ted Turner? Kanye West has put his property at Cody, Wyoming for sale. That is about 200 miles away from Yellowstone.

What in the world do these people want to do with all of this land? I have an idea, but wonder what anyone else thinks. Ready to be a peasant?

Well, so much for that neighborhood now…

Actually, the elites already own most of that neighborhood.

My guess is nothing. Sure wont farm it. Government has already started the "food crisis" and they will continue with that agenda.
Probably some of this land, if not most of it, is not fit to farm. Much of the land in places like Montana is grassland. It is better for grazing or haying. It really depends on the geography. This is true for several states in that part of the country, including Wyoming, the Dakotas and parts of other states.

My guess is they buy land strictly as an investment. He won't do anything with it unless he has to, and that would probably only be for tax purposes. All of the aforementioned super wealthy are insulated from what us mere mortals have to endure. If the economy did collapse, and the stock market went in the toilet land would still hold its value. It is a tangible you cannot lose. Remember all the advice on how you would survive 50% inflation? This is doing it on a grand scale.

Last edited:
My guess is they buy land strictly as an investment. If the economy did collapse, and the stock market went in the toilet land would still hold its value. It is a tangible you cannot lose. Remember all the advice on how you would survive 50% inflation? This is doing it on a grand scale.
Yeah, when currency starts losing its value, tangible items become much more attractive. Land is about as tangible as it gets, and they sure aren't making any more.

Love Murdoch or hate him, but he didn't get where he is by being stupid with $.

The problem with the theory that land doesn't lose value is that money does. If you buy property for $100,000 and the value of the dollar drops 50% your land is "worth" $200,000 but no one has the money to buy it. The land you have is worth more than the market will support; you just lost your shirt.

What in the world do these people want to do with all of this land? I have an idea, but wonder what anyone else thinks. Ready to be a peasant?

If they have half a brain and actually want to show off and prepare, they might set up a large refrigeration building and stock it with meat and seafood and whatever else they like to spoil themselves with. Then hire a team of servants to clean and maintain the house and cook the food and order the daily supplies. That big of land either has a runway or they will build a runway so they can go there for the weekend or a month. Way out of the way they can have their prisoners out of sight and sound of the neighbors and to far away from anywhere to run.

http://www.matadorcattlecompany.com/beaverhead-ranch/about-beaverhead-ranch" Beaverhead Ranch covers approximately 345,000 acres in southwest Montana. It stretches along a 90-mile road from Dillon to the Idaho border, then east to Yellowstone Park. The ranch is home to nearly 7,000 cow/calf pairs of a variety of breeds, along with a large variety of wildlife including wild game, land and water fowl, large and small mammals, fish and plant life."
" We use a rest-rotation grazing plan that promotes biodiversity and healthier grazing. As a result, the ranch can support 8 percent more cattle while using 25 percent less supplemental feed, and does not risk overgrazing, damaging or abusing the grazing lands. Grazing cattle utilizes one of this country’s most abundant, natural and renewable resources. It is also beneficial in many other ways, such as limiting fuel for wildfires, preventing overgrowth and providing excellent habitats for the wildlife that share our ranch."

If they have half a brain and actually want to show off and prepare, they might set up a large refrigeration building and stock it with meat and seafood and whatever else they like to spoil themselves with. Then hire a team of servants to clean and maintain the house and cook the food and order the daily supplies. That big of land either has a runway or they will build a runway so they can go there for the weekend or a month. Way out of the way they can have their prisoners out of sight and sound of the neighbors and to far away from anywhere to run.
There are places in that part of the country where the ground is flat enough to land a plane and take off again, as long as there aren't too many big rocks. Roy Hauck, former lieutenant governor of South Dakota, had 45,443 of acres of land covering 8 townships in Stanley County (across the river from Pierre), West River, SD. He flew a plane to check on his land and cattle. His land was where most of Dances with Wolves was filmed. His family sold the big ranch a few years ago and Ted Turner purchased it. He already owned 141,000-acre buffalo ranch west of Ft. Pierre. Ted Turner buys famed Triple U Ranch

I wonder who his neighbors are? Letterman, Gates, Ted Turner? Kanye West has put his property at Cody, Wyoming for sale. That is about 200 miles away from Yellowstone.

340,000. acres, you have no neighbors, just wild critters.

They should buy up all the land within 300 miles of Yellowstone. About 40 minutes after the eruption begins they will find out how expensive it really is. :brewing:lil loser😭

Latest posts

Back