Surviving a Nuclear War = Dr Chris Martinson

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this is a link to a 2 part video by dr chris martinsob , a medical doc and an economist. he is a very interesting guy, all his vids are worth the time asd he is thorough . part 1 is on youtube and directs to blog for the rest. so here is that link. free to public info dont have to register for blog.

https://peakprosperity.com/should-we-be-worried/?utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=ep51-promo
Let's make some money!

Part 2 - Paying Subscribers Only​

Only paying subscribers may access Part 2 of this content,

Thanks for posting that Jazzy. He seems very knowledgable and down to earth in his presentation. I watched another one of his as well and it was good too. I wonder when his next one will be out? It looks like it would be worth a watch.

One thing that concerns me about the digital geiger counters is what happens if the nuke fries them out with the EMP? I'm not 100% certain my faraday cage will work, b/c it's never been tested. I have a geiger counter just like he does, but that always concerned me. Because of it, I'm looking into one of the older CV-700 models that has been posted elsewhere in this forum. Although, like he says, if it's many nukes.....it won't matter anyways.

Last edited:
Everything he recommends is sound. It all fits or repeats everything I was taught and have learned. I thought the diagrams of the house and how and where to prepare were very helpful.

Something I haven't really thought about is the fact that thousands of nukes have been detonated across the globe in the name of 'testing'. We still have animals and vegetation and haven't had a nuclear winter. Sure these have taken place in remote locations, but still.....it offers hope.

One tid bit I picked up was that if you shower to decontaminate, don't use conditioners or lotions. The idea is to get rid of particles on the skin and scalp. The last thing you want to do is to apply something that will cause particles to stick to you. It makes perfect sense, but it was something I had not thought of before.

Another random thought.....I think of when God flooded the earth that killed everyone except Noah and his family with the animals. I believe God said he wouldn't do another purge like that again. So, even if a nuclear war happens, there will be survivors and God will protect some. I will continue to pray, hope for the best, but try and prepare for the worst.

I believe God said he wouldn't do another purge like that again.

I'm not a Biblical scholar, and this takes me back to Catechism class, but I think God said He would not have another purge of this manner. The next one would be by fire, so that might coincide with nuclear holocaust.

There is still hope. We have a lot of info on what to do to survive. A lot would be dependent on the magnitude of the attack. How many nukes get launched? How many get through to the intended targets? How many countries are involved? JHMO but I don't think it will only be Russia and the USA. Some of the other bad actors would take the opportunity to attack either the USA or other enemies.

Last edited:
I'm not a Biblical scholar, and this takes me back to Catechism class, but I think God said he would not have another purge of this manner. The next one would be by fire, so that might coincide with nuclear holocaust.

There is still hope. We have a lot of info on what to do to survive. A lot would be dependent on the magnitude of the attack. How many nukes get launched? How many get through to the intended targets? How many countries are involved? JHMO but I don't think it will only be Russia and the USA. Some of the other bad actors would take the opportunity to attack either the USA or other enemies.
If you know anything about our defenses (almost all is secret :confused:), we will fare far better than others:thumbs:.
That is the main reason nobody has pushed 'tha-button'.
A large portion of Elon Musk's money comes from the DOD and what he is sending up into space on those SpaceX rockets.
Guess why the 5th arm of the military called: "The Space Force" (USSF) was created by someone with the initials DT? :thumbs:

Last edited:
ive alwasy thought when the bif nations get into a war, the super EMP bombs will come out first. years back i read china, russia, uk, india, us and israel have the big emp boms. where it would used to take say 3 over the coninental us, now its only one. wipe out the the grids, take us back to the 1700s and in 6-12 months how many pof the population will survive? how many know how to survive? how many people today can not only exist but live without electric, internet phones, no amazon deliveries? i think nukes will come towards the end. but i dunno, just watching and putting pieces together to see whats showing up.

im glad you all liked it, and thanks morgan for conformation.
angie, i know what you mean about protecting some things, all i got is a couple of those special bags and put a radio, mp3 bible and some things like that. dont know either if it will really protect but its the best i can do.

the wya things are going id not be surprises if Someones set of a small nuke in ukr and blamed russia to have an excuse to try to take russia out. dont forget some pentagon nimrod flat out said the plan was to remove putin and break russia up[ in to provinces. im betting russia doesnt like that idea.

ive alwasy thought when the bif nations get into a war, the super EMP bombs will come out first. years back i read china, russia, uk, india, us and israel have the big emp boms. where it would used to take say 3 over the coninental us, now its only one. wipe out the the grids, take us back to the 1700s and in 6-12 months how many pof the population will survive? how many know how to survive? how many people today can not only exist but live without electric, internet phones, no amazon deliveries? i think nukes will come towards the end. but i dunno, just watching and putting pieces together to see whats showing up.

im glad you all liked it, and thanks morgan for conformation.
angie, i know what you mean about protecting some things, all i got is a couple of those special bags and put a radio, mp3 bible and some things like that. dont know either if it will really protect but its the best i can do.

the wya things are going id not be surprises if Someones set of a small nuke in ukr and blamed russia to have an excuse to try to take russia out. dont forget some pentagon nimrod flat out said the plan was to remove putin and break russia up[ in to provinces. im betting russia doesnt like that idea.
I refuse to live in constant paranoia of a nuke attack, thinking we are defenseless. :confused:
Am I prepped for radiation? Yes.
A tiny snippet of something from earlier that is no longer 'secret':
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-Based_Midcourse_Defense
Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) is the United States' anti-ballistic missile system for intercepting incoming warheads in space, during the midcourse phase of ballistic trajectory flight. It is a major component of the American missile defense strategy to counter ballistic missiles, including intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) carrying nuclear, chemical, biological or conventional warheads.

Last edited:
1666564165543.png

Hiroshima today.

yes, but wasnt it a 15-20 kilo ton and todays are 300-1000 kilotons ? whatever the exact number is, none of it is good.
If they never get to detonate, it doesn't matter. Either one, destroyed in space, is the same. :thumbs:

I refuse to live in constant paranoia of a nuke attack, thinking we are defenseless. :confused:
Am I prepped for radiation? Yes.
I agree about not living in constant fear of anything. That is no way to live life. However, maybe the reason you are not living in fear of a nuke is b/c you are prepared for it.:thumbs:

I don't live in fear, but I do consider many possibiities and try to be prepared for it. If not for me, then for my family. I have spent some time these last couple of months fortifying my nuke preparedness. I always just thought it would be a death sentence. But, the more I learn, the more I'm convinced it would not be.

One of my concerns is.......what if EMP's were dropped and folks were led to believe that it was a nuke that took everything out? How many people would batten down the hatches and shut in for 2 weeks, believing radiation is on the way, many without comms? Those who know there is no radiation have extra time to secure items and get ready for possible radiation. However, if no radiation ever came, you wouldn't have to waste valuable time in a basement for 2 weeks straight. A lot can happen, especially panic and theft, on your premises while you are holed up. That is one of the main reasons I have the radiation detectors. I want to know if there is a threat in my area. I'm still learning about how to do that, but I'm getting more proficient every day.

I ordered some more testing equipment. I don't need it, but I found a good deal and I want to give it to family members. They are probably going to think I'm crazy, but heck.....they already know that. With the current idiot in charge, I'm betting that they're going to be grateful for it. I figure it's cheap insurance and pray that we never have to use it.

I agree about not living in constant fear of anything. That is no way to live life. However, maybe the reason you are not living in fear of a nuke is b/c you are prepared for it.:thumbs:

I don't live in fear, but I do consider many possibiities and try to be prepared for it. If not for me, then for my family. I have spent some time these last couple of months fortifying my nuke preparedness. I always just thought it would be a death sentence. But, the more I learn, the more I'm convinced it would not be.

One of my concerns is.......what if EMP's were dropped and folks were led to believe that it was a nuke that took everything out? How many people would batten down the hatches and shut in for 2 weeks, believing radiation is on the way, many without comms? Those who know there is no radiation have extra time to secure items and get ready for possible radiation. However, if no radiation ever came, you wouldn't have to waste valuable time in a basement for 2 weeks straight. A lot can happen, especially panic and theft, on your premises while you are holed up. That is one of the main reasons I have the radiation detectors. I want to know if there is a threat in my area. I'm still learning about how to do that, but I'm getting more proficient every day.

I ordered some more testing equipment. I don't need it, but I found a good deal and I want to give it to family members. They are probably going to think I'm crazy, but heck.....they already know that. With the current idiot in charge, I'm betting that they're going to be grateful for it. I figure it's cheap insurance and pray that we never have to use it.
If an EMP did happen there would be no spreading misinfo.

Only the sound of birds chirping and those in the big cities moaning their cell phones don't work.

Ben

lilmissy,
There are two types of EMP. Solar - bad on large grids but won't hurt your stuff that is off.
HEMP - high altitude nuclear detonation EMP - The very fast E1 pulse will destroy unprotected semiconductors and IC chips whether they are on, off or sitting on the shelf.
E2 hits like a lightning bolt just after the E1 pulse and damages small transformers and control centers.
The E3 pulse is the same as the solar EMP and it's strength is determined by the blast yield of the bomb. Low yield poor results big yield the magnetic field in the area is greatly disturbed and causes a larger E3 pulse.

The solar EMP has only one pulse the HEMP has three.

Latest posts

Back