TEOTWAWKI 3- You Form a Survival Group of 25 Please Rank Needed Members By Function i.e. Doctor,Etc

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, have you ever considered what skills YOU have to offer a group? Can you provide any of those skills you consider desirable?
It would seem that Mr Gein has stayed true to his chosen name sake. Ed Gein didn't get along too well with women..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein
Your idea about a shrink is admirable but, you will find it alone to be a waste of time and resources. Now a shrink that can butcher might be worth it. Or even a military shrink. That way you get your feel good person for the daisy's who does something more useful. I know us back water unedumicated types can annoy you big city degree holders but, be patient we sometimes spit out nuggets of powerful wisdom. Sallys point was legit. So far the only skill you seem offer is what? Organizing the group? See what she saw and what you didn't is that at some point and real soon the group will start asking "what do you bring to the table?" A degree wont mean sh!t to them then. Neither will leadership with out true value. You can lead but, not all will like your decisions and grumbling happens fast in tough times. You will need an alternate skill that makes you more valuable to the group. Once they decide your leadership sucks, and at some point they all do, then they say something like "but at least he's one hell of a fighter".. So what is your other traits that make you valuable Ed?

trying just to start a group is a non starter, especially in the UK, any such group will fall apart long before any SHTF event every happens, lack of commitment, lack of funds, family reasons, job reasons etc.etc. a lot of so called "preppers" in the UK are in it for the "social" side and nothing more.
one group I was involved with, for a short period, didn't have a clue about "wild" camping and always ended up at some Adult camping site, with mains toilets and shower blocks, a bar and a club house, it folded when a couple of members relocated.

trying just to start a group is a non starter, especially in the UK, any such group will fall apart long before any SHTF event every happens, lack of commitment, lack of funds, family reasons, job reasons etc.etc. a lot of so called "preppers" in the UK are in it for the "social" side and nothing more.
one group I was involved with, for a short period, didn't have a clue about "wild" camping and always ended up at some Adult camping site, with mains toilets and shower blocks, a bar and a club house, it folded when a couple of members relocated.
The Brits have bars at their campgrounds! I'm moving over! Lol

people eat different stuff at different times.
most modern houses aren't big enough for a dinner table and most kids/teenagers and even adults have their noses glued to a phone screen or a laptop or some other devise to ever get a coherent sentence out of them never mind an intelligent conversation.

Latest posts

Back