The beard thread.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you grow your beard in the winter and shave it in the summer?

• Yes. it keeps my face warm.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I'm ugly as sin, my beard is a part of me!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I shave in the warm months.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I look like the bass player for ZZ_Top

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No beard, but my ex wife has one that would make a gorillia proud!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don't do the flavor savor.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
My Dad's cousin was married to a woman who felt the same way. She was a dark haired beauty! And had dark leg and underarm hair too!! She always said " God put it there, I'm not shaving it"!šŸ˜® They had seven kids so I guess it was fine with Dad's cousin!! She had some facial hair too so I am staying on topic!!
Iā€™ll admit that caught me off guard Pearl ! Haha

This is a fun and interesting thread!!ā™„ļø Hubby is always clean shaven and I like it!!
He is probably like me.
I cannot contribute to this thread because I Must Shave. :mad:
Edit: Oh look, I even found the emoji for that :):
LiquidSoftIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
So how about it guys (Maybe a gal or two? 0_0) how do you cultivate your face-turf? Do you trim it nice and proper or just go natural?
au naturale, my wife said I need a trim. Whatdy'all think? LOL It's only 8 inches long
20230815_141649.jpg

One of my CNAs (šŸ„° šŸ„° ) at the rehab facility couldn't keep her fingers out of it, she braided it when I first got there , lol.

au naturale, my wife said I need a trim. Whatdy'all think? LOL It's only 8 inches longView attachment 114841
I kinda have a strange feeling I want to crawl up in your lap and tell you secrets if you promise to bring me stuff
šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m just not rightšŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

I have had a mustache for over 50 years, but the beard comes and goes. I will grow one occasionally, but eventually it gets itchy, and I shave it off. I have had a goatee on and off for the past 10 years, but my wife says I look better without it. Another side benefit to retirement. I shave once or twice a week.

I have had a mustache for over 50 years, but the beard comes and goes. I will grow one occasionally, but eventually it gets itchy, and I shave it off. I have had a goatee on and off for the past 10 years, but my wife says I look better without it. Another side benefit to retirement. I shave once or twice a week.
Me also
I have had my mustache since 1976
My bead comes and goes

My avatar on another site and the name is Funky Monkey
IMG_3578.jpeg

I'm like Morgan 101. I'll grow a beard or goatee once a month, then shave it off, just to watch people look at me trying to figure out what is different with me. I love goatees, but it seems whenever I have juicy, buttery corn on the cob, it drips down and stinks to high heaven.

My beard gets really uneven if it gets much over the length of a #4 trim. I don't have a thick beard anyway, but since it started going gray the gray patches seem to grow faster than what is still dark. It gets pretty rough looking within a week. That's OK, it's long enough for me at that length...

While running my own heating business, I would occasionally get some wife apologizing for their home being less than immaculate. My response was always, "Don't let the beard fool you.....I ain't your mother."

au naturale, my wife said I need a trim. Whatdy'all think? LOL It's only 8 inches longView attachment 114841

Let it grow. A few Christmas' ago my daughter bought my son little Christmas ornaments to put in his. Little Christmas balls with alligator clips. Nice touch. It was about the same length as yours. Maybe a little longer.

I teased my mom and told her the wife was gonna braid mine and decorate with Viking ornaments.

What's wrong wit dat lol.

Arianna, one of my CNAs at rehab braided mine after a shower. I had no problem with that šŸ„°
šŸ„°

When my kids were little I always had a beard. Then one day I shaved before I came home from work, I was gone for a couple months, and when the kids saw me they started crying. They couldn't figure out who this stranger was slobbering all over their mother, now my ex wife.
Since I retired I wear a goatee or keep it all shaved with a 1/4" guard.

I teased my mom and told her the wife was gonna braid mine and decorate with Viking ornaments.
Pics or it didn't happen, lol.

I'm like Morgan 101. I'll grow a beard or goatee once a month, then shave it off, just to watch people look at me trying to figure out what is different with me. I love goatees, but it seems whenever I have juicy, buttery corn on the cob, it drips down and stinks to high heaven.
Eeewwwwwā€¦ā€¦my hubby is always clean shaven and I prefer it that way. His son has a beard almost down to his navel. šŸ˜±
Let it grow. A few Christmas' ago my daughter bought my son little Christmas ornaments to put in his. Little Christmas balls with alligator clips. Nice touch. It was about the same length as yours. Maybe a little longer.
I think that would be interesting to see.

Had a mustache for 30 years & a beard for about five.
I got old & every hair turn red or brown or white, it was a mess.
If it every goes pure white I may grow it again, but not now.
I shave every day if I go out, sometimes every other day if I stay in.

My sister and my father's second wife put my beard up in about ten braids. I never did get a copy of that picture.

My sister and my father's second wife put my beard up in about ten braids. I never did get a copy of that picture.
Are you just saying that so we will not beg for you to post the picture!

Latest posts

Back