The Death Of The Boy Scouts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeceetx

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Here we go! The Boy Scouts Of America has decided they didn't like who they were, so now they will accept anyone.

In order to go woke, they now want to have trannies and females join!

The march goes on, to destroy masculinity in this country.

I predict this will be the end of that organization.

If I had a boy in the Boy Scouts, tomorrow he would not be.

I know that Boy Scouts hasn't been a good thing for a while.

Daughter was a girl scout from Kindergarten (Daisy) until she graduated from h.s. Her troop raised money to go to Mexico to do a service project. They met up with a troop and together they went to vaccinate goats for the Tarahumara Indians. What an odd thing to do! This is when and where my daughter learned that people have dirt floors, in their very small homes. This was more than 20 years ago. In Mexico, troops are not separated into Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. They are Scouts and meet and work together. I wonder how many other places this is how it works?

It's a sign of the general decline of our way of life & country.
Yes.

But decline is not new.

The BSA died with me as a tenderfoot. There was a requirement including swimming. I had a birth defect that prohibits me from swimming. Doctor ordered. The BSA wouldn't give me a waver. I wasn't in the BSA more than a month or so. That was back in the 60s.

In the 70s .... I have suspicions about how some of the troop leaders were not so noble.

Just my thoughts

Ben

So, do we consider this yet another "woke" business that we are going to protest?
Protest? Probably not. Avoid? Absolutely. They have decided to help attack our culture. I wouldn’t want a young family member of mine being lead by a gay or transvestite, or especially a pedophile. The same goes for members. The Scouts has always been about teaching values and honor, not perversion.

Protest? Probably not. Avoid? Absolutely. They have decided to help attack our culture. I wouldn’t want a young family member of mine being lead by a gay or transvestite, or especially a pedophile. The same goes for members. The Scouts has always been about teaching values and honor, not perversion.
For some not all.

Ben

Here we go! The Boy Scouts Of America has decided they didn't like who they were, so now they will accept anyone.

Trump '24 is the only glimmer of hope left out there. My apologies for being political...I don't like doing that, here......but....it's the unvarnished truth. Me? I LOVE women...but...I don't actually want to be one! Sorry if that offends anyone.

Yes.

But decline is not new.

The BSA died with me as a tenderfoot. There was a requirement including swimming. I had a birth defect that prohibits me from swimming. Doctor ordered. The BSA wouldn't give me a waver. I wasn't in the BSA more than a month or so. That was back in the 60s.

In the 70s .... I have suspicions about how some of the troop leaders were not so noble.

Just my thoughts

Ben
Not so noble is a whole nother story. I could write a book, but everybody already knows the depravity.

Girl Scouts was great when our daughters were in it. Then looking into it for granddaughter, I couldn't believe their badgework book...quoting Media Matters for current events, and of course, they allow boys, too. So little granddaughter joined American Heritage Girls in New Mexico when she first came to live with us. High praises for that group.

Can or will someone copy and paste this article. Evidently I would have to subscribe to see it.
You just have to clobber their pesky pop-up box twice, not once, to get rid of it.
*warning, long post*
"After 114 years of being known as the Boy Scouts of America, the nation’s largest scouting organization is changing its name to the more inclusive Scouting America.
The major rebrand, announced Tuesday, comes after years of turmoil for the organization, as well as major changes meant to stem the tide of declining membership. The new Scouting America name is also a reflection of the organization’s biggest change: the decision five years ago to welcome girls into its ranks at all levels.

Visitors to the Boy Scouts of America website Tuesday were greeted by a pop-up message explaining that the forthcoming name change was made to be more welcoming of the entire scouting community and would take effect Feb. 8, 2025.

“Though our name will be new, our mission remains unchanged: we are committed to teaching young people to be Prepared. For Life,” Roger A. Krone, president and chief executive of Scouting America, said in a statement Tuesday. “This will be a simple but very important evolution as we seek to ensure that everyone feels welcome in Scouting.”
For years, the Boy Scouts have faced pressure from progressive members and outside groups to be more accepting, not just of girls but of LGBTQ scouts and troop leaders. The Boy Scouts ended its longtime ban on openly gay Scouts in 2013 and its prohibition on gay troop leaders in 2015. Two years later, the organization announced that it would allow transgender boys in its ranks.
The organization is officially nonsectarian but asks members to affirm a belief in God. The changes to allow gay Scouts and troop leaders caused rifts with some religious groups. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, one of the Scouts’ biggest partners, cut ties with the organization when it began to accept gay Scouts and leaders. At the time, roughly 20 percent of Scouts were Mormon.

While the Scouts spent years trying to keep gay and trans boys out, the organization in recent years has tried to get girls in. The move to allow girls sparked a bitter feud with the Girl Scouts of the United States of America, which accused the Boy Scouts of trying to prop up its membership by encroaching on the Girl Scouts’ turf as both groups faced declining membership, which has only accelerated since the pandemic.

They invite the whole rainbow of LGBTQXYZ of scout leaders and members in and then think that changing the name is going to bring back membership. If the Scouts directors were in charge of the fire department they would throw diesel in the burning houses.

I wondered if Girl Scouts was as ..woke (?).. as Boy Scouts ?? Is ..woke.. the right term, label to use for them ??
I worry more about the Girl Scouts.
That's where my beloved 'girl scout cookies' come from.
71E21ZvqIuL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I know that there are way more boys that want to pretend to be girls, than the reverse.
I don't want to have to buy 'They Scout cookies' instead :mad:.

I worry more about the girl scouts.
That's where my beloved 'girl scout cookies' come from.
71E21ZvqIuL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I know that there are way more boys that want to pretend to be girls, than the reverse.
I don't want to have to buy 'They Scout cookies' instead :mad:.
So far, isn't the change only for the former Boy Scouts? Or are they joining together? If they do, the cookies could stay, although as someone who worked many cookie booths, the girls keep very little of the money per box. I'd tell you the amount, but it has been many years. I want to say 25 cents per box is what the troop gets to keep, but I sure could be wrong about that amount.
My daughter's troop took to having car washes for making money for their trip.

We tried skipping out on the cookie sales because of the quarter a box thing when our girls were in it...were going to do car washes and yard sales. BUT were told by our council that we had to sell cookies, a big amount, before we were able to do any other fundraising. And then it had to be approved. Those cookie sales were a pain. Pick up a truckload (yourself) from the warehouse, do your own box count...distribute to girls, collect money, even fill out the deposit slips to the council and bring that and the checks to their bank. And fill out an ending report, drive across town to the main coordinator to turn it in. Girls would get little prizes for their sales. It was a major hassle. GSA makes a ton of money. Uniform costs were outrageous, too, for what they were.

So far, isn't the change only for the former Boy Scouts? Or are they joining together? If they do, the cookies could stay, although as someone who worked many cookie booths, the girls keep very little of the money per box. I'd tell you the amount, but it has been many years. I want to say 25 cents per box is what the troop gets to keep, but I sure could be wrong about that amount.
My daughter's troop took to having car washes for making money for their trip.
The name change is only the former Boy Scouts... so far :rolleyes:.
If the Dylan Mulvaney mentality infects the Girl Scouts, they will crash like Bud Light.:(

Oh well.
That's the stupid way the cookie is crumbling these days. And it's being allowed. So :dunno:

We tried skipping out on the cookie sales because of the quarter a box thing when our girls were in it...were going to do car washes and yard sales. BUT were told by our council that we had to sell cookies, a big amount, before we were able to do any other fundraising. And then it had to be approved. Those cookie sales were a pain. Pick up a truckload (yourself) from the warehouse, do your own box count...distribute to girls, collect money, even fill out the deposit slips to the council and bring that and the checks to their bank. And fill out an ending report, drive across town to the main coordinator to turn it in. Girls would get little prizes for their sales. It was a major hassle. GSA makes a ton of money. Uniform costs were outrageous, too, for what they were.
They just needed more people like me to stop by:p...
A beautiful little 8-y/o girl would step up and say: "Mister, do you want to buy a box of cookies?"
I would reply: "No, I want to buy all of your boxes of Thin Mints, how many you got :waiting:".
I was a nice guy, and left the display box on their table:).

The southern Baptists used to have a "scout-like" group, I've forgotten the name, but we went on camping trips and cookouts and did crafts and studied Jesus. Boys slept on one side of the camp, girls on the other, one adult for every 5 kids. Nothing funny going on there!

I didn't see anything about the fact that the BSA declared bankruptcy because of the lawsuits. As of this week, the BSA (finally!) has already begun mailing the checks to the victims of sexual abuse, some dating back to the mid-1960's.

Back