The "INSECURITY INDUSTRY" (YOUR Smart Phone from "HELL")

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I don't have a cell phone........I do think about would I get a "Non-Smart" cell phone......if there was ever service here in the future.

^ Sure, but.. If you've got WiFi - of Any sort - Yer most likely On that 'map' (..I found my Parents, and even Us, oops..) Point being - "True Privacy" is something likely now only-enjoyed by those with Zero internet / 'digital fingerprint', at All.. (ie: Yer Bears are pretty safe.. ;) ..'Continuing Ed', indeed.. :cool:

jd

..But.. IIRC, don't you have some 'point-to-point Wireless-something'? If so - that's Gonna have an 'address' (All routers / modems do..) - and will Likely be 'visible'..

..But if yer100% 'hardline', then the above o_O relative to 'wireless "security" / privacy' only applies to the Rest of us dummies.. ;)

jd

50269163.jpg
👍

jd

^ Sure, but.. If you've got WiFi - of Any sort - Yer most likely On that 'map' (..I found my Parents, and even Us, oops..) Point being - "True Privacy" is something likely now only-enjoyed by those with Zero internet / 'digital fingerprint', at All.. (ie: Yer Bears are pretty safe.. ;) ..'Continuing Ed', indeed.. :cool:

jd
Well they ain't perfect because I'm not on the map..says I while writing this connected to my WiFi which exists via satellite internet. So really a matter of time, or a temporary oversight.

But yeah came to the conclusion long ago the every cell phone, or anything really that connects to the internet, is a security risk. So it becomes about risk vs benefit of having the devices. And to always remember that if someone wanted to they can track you, see you, hear you.

Last edited:
WHERE is the unmitigated "Out RAGE"......??? They must be giggling at how placid the warm water is on the stove as they turn up the heat, and we frogs do nothing to contest our demise.

They get "Zero" pushback on "Anything". Why are people with children or grandchildren so OK with this. Later this year......it will be, "Ok people get in the "Boxcar" and take your children. Free Super-SUPER Smart Phones for everyone when you get the "special" showers.

Last edited:
Those damned electronic devices are so useful, convenient and hypnotic, and 100% pure evil. They are not our friends.

WHERE is the unmitigated "Out RAGE"......???
The thing is that this is hardly a new concept for me and I'm sure many other who have stopped and thought about it. I've been aware for years that this was totally possible, now someone went and put it all in one article and makes it look super bad. But if a person were to pay attention to smaller articles the conclusion was glaringly obvious: The murderer caught because they back tracked his phone days or months after a crime, audio of a politicians family that shouldn't exist, a SAR success because they could track a device, things like that.

And let's be honest no amount of outrage is going to make the NSA and whoever else stop it. If I recall the first reports that they were whole sale listening in on people came out in 2005 or 2001? People freaked out, and they just carried on doing it.

..I can unplug my landline phone.
Which works well when you have a landline. Here there are no lines, no electrical, no phone, no internet cables. On a good day a tiny bar of cell coverage. Nothing comes down the road I live on. So I want to talk nonsense with you fine folks, satellite it is. My understanding from homestead groups, this is hardly an uncommon thing in remote or rural Canada.

You will always have those, I dont do anything wrong, so let them listen. They can see how boring my life is, kinda people. Little do they know, what isn’t considered wrong today can be tomorrow

You are right, Lil Missy, and to them I would say that is why we have the Fourth Amendment. NOBODY has the right to violate your privacy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to watch the news, and see how much is taken out of context, and how it can be used against you.

Latest posts

Back