"The JOKER"............This is an interesting essay.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
This is an interesting essay. And a blunt point about reality interfering with vision.

I will never see the movie, but I will re-read this essay a few more times over the next week.

https://www.aier.org/article/joker-and-ideology-destructionism

Not interested in anyone thoughts about the movie, but very interested in thoughts about the essence of this essay.

Interesting. My take is that unfulfilled expectations eventually results in a broken mind, a broken mind leads to misery, so inflicting that misery on others is logical to the broken mind. Which is how one becomes a deviant sociopath.

I definitely won't be seeing the movie either.

Interesting. My take is that unfulfilled expectations eventually results in a broken mind, a broken mind leads to misery, so inflicting that misery on others is logical to the broken mind. Which is how one becomes a deviant sociopath.

And where exactly is the distinction between this happening at the level of a single individual person, or the consciousness of an entire country. It seems to be the abyss which is seducing America.

And where exactly is the distinction between this happening at the level of a single individual person, or the consciousness of an entire country. It seems to be the abyss which is seducing America.

I don't see it happening to an entire country, but I definitely see the number of people who are falling into that void increasing at a steady rate. There are definitely a whole lot more people like that now than there were say 20 years ago, thanks in large part to the education system and a government which promotes dependency.

Latest posts

Back