The little things you may need one day that may not be available at any price, do you have them, can you get them?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neat little siphon hoses wingnut, used them before myself..

I have lit myself on fire twice with gasoline and it is not one of those things I want to do. So be very careful with gas especially in hot weather when it vaporizes and the vapor will pool on the floor.

I have seen one gas pump and van torch when they got some static discharge at the gas station. There was a disabled person in the car and luckily a big guy just ran over and scooped her up and saved her.

for small scale set your plastic gas cans on the ground before filling or transferring. I store my gas in 55 gallon metal drums and fill them with plastic cans then pump the gas out as needed.
1669063183399.png

In my 'trucking daze' I kept a "Magic Siphon" in one sidebox, it was a siphon tube with a fitting at one end, and all you had to do was jerk the thing a few times for the flow to get started.
Nowadays, I think they're just referred to as "shaker hose". I've had them and do like them. What I do recall is that they don't last more than a few years. Don't remember exactly but one of the components always seemed to fail after a few years.

Latest posts

Back