The perks of being over 60

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzleyette___Adams

Hermit on the mountain
Neighbor
What can you add to this list of "perks of being over 60 years old?"

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run -- anywhere.

4. People call at 9 PM (or 9 A M) and ask, "Did I wake you?"

5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out.

8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.

9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.

10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

13. You sing along with elevator music.

14. Your eyes won't get much worse.

15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.

17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.

19. You can't rememberwho sent you this list.

(And you notice these are all in big print for your convenience.)

20. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Never, NEVER, EVER, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on the same night!

(I disagree with some of these, but a big hattip to Proteus for making me laugh today)

I really like the clock in my bedroom... :D
Clock_v1.jpg

Ha ha!

psstt... about that stapler? It's such a prominent part of the picture so I couldn't help but notice it...

Naw, my mind ain't right, y'all...

Is it for...

- stapling partner's mouth shut when the snoring gets too bad

- economy nip n tuck jobs

- nailing jello to the wall

- stapling the cat or dog's tail to the floor to keep them from jumping on the bed for the 5th time last night

what?

Last edited:
Ha ha!

psstt... about that stapler? It's such a prominent part of the picture so I couldn't help but notice it...

Is it for...

- stapling the cat or dog's tail to the floor to keep them from jumping on the bed for the 5th time last night

what?
Wadyatalkinbout? The stapler was the first thing I noticed also! My mind went rampant. Looks kinda painful tho.

Ha. It is standing up there, posing like it is ready for business. Serious business.

Peanut? Now see what you've done? Bringing out the worst in us...

I like yall two, I noticed the stapler also.... The state will not allow you to have a pistol???...Now back to the sponsor....after 60 lets seeeee......You can buy yourself Christmas presents and still have a surprise under the tree, You don't have to ask for the senior discounts, you can make all the odd noises in the restroom stalls and no one cares.

When I went on spring break last year in a fairly quiet beach area, we noticed the older local folks started day drinkin' at lunch time. The older we get, we figure it's b/c it gives them time to get a shine on, sober up, and still go to bed early. We also noticed that the older we get, it takes much less alcohol to get that shine on, which is nice b/c it's a lot cheaper that way!:mugbump:

The older I get, the less I give a crap what people think of me or what I say. I never cared all the much to begin with, so I can't even imagine what words are gonna come out of my mouth when I reach 60!:eyeballs:

Ha ha!

Is it for...
what?

Ha. It is standing up there, posing like it is ready for business. Serious business.

Peanut? Now see what you've done? Bringing out the worst in us...

And the right answer is… business!

My furnishings are… unorthodox (health issues). I don’t have a room to use as an office but my bedroom is large. So… I have a small office desk in my bedroom and a small 2 drawer file cabinet. I also keep my 2nd computer on that desk. On the days I don’t have the energy to make it to the Livingroom I can still get online. :D

That'll be my next phone!!
A flip phone that doesn't do anything else. With big numbers so I don't have to find my glasses.
This is why I still have a Chocolate by Verizon.

My kids keep telling me I need a “Jitterbug” phone. Google it.

And rule #6 isn’t true for me. Read my signature line.

I see it too! This is what I am seeing, and your signature line shows up at the bottom of all your posts.

winds-of-change

Awesome FriendNeighborContributor
Oops. I can’t figure out how to enter a signature line. On all the other forums I’m in it’s “Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks”

Honor student: School of Hard Knocks.

What can you add to this list of "perks of being over 60 years old?"

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run -- anywhere.

4. People call at 9 PM (or 9 A M) and ask, "Did I wake you?"

5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out.

8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.

9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.

10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

13. You sing along with elevator music.

14. Your eyes won't get much worse.

15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.

17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.

19. You can't rememberwho sent you this list.

(And you notice these are all in big print for your convenience.)

20. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Never, NEVER, EVER, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on the same night!

(I disagree with some of these, but a big hattip to Proteus for making me laugh today)

Me too. :fun fun::huh::mugbump:

I'm happy to be on the upside of the dirt, and not get carded for beer :p I use an Apple SE smartphone (apple 6 in a apple 5 body), google calendar linked with my sweeties,, alexa, etc. Others will vary. I was shooting pool with the "old farts" at the senior center, and Barry didn't know you needed to charge your cell phone before you used it.

Latest posts

Back