The threat of MEGA everything

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered ETFs?

You can see what is in ETFs and pick and choose based on what is in them. The fund managers handle the day to day changes if needed.

We meet via phone weekly with our advisor (a fiduciary) to discuss what to buy or sell since getting in and out at the right time to buy on the dips and take profits when they are up.

Ben

Buy stock in individual companies. I do.
:mad:
You do know you can buy stock directly from many companies, cutting out all of the middlemen, right?
*Not investment advice, but pretty dang close.
How does one do this when the companies insist that they can only sell through brokerages???

How does one do this when the companies insist that they can only sell through brokerages???
Nobody that makes a living middle-manning your investment money will tell you about this because they know they won't make another dime off of you.
They will tell you that you can only buy stock thru a broker because that is how they make a living.
Not all companies, but a large number of them, sell stock direct to investors.
The company pays all commissions and fees maintaining the account until you decide to cash out some of the stock then it's $25.
For stockholders it is free otherwise.
Since I cannot give advice, I will just do like CNN, and ask questions:
Have you ever looked at this webpage?
https://www-us.computershare.com/Investor/#DirectStock
How many companies did you see?
Did you see a bunch of companies that you recognized?
Edit: There are more places that will hook you up with other companies to buy stock direct from them.

Last edited:
Nobody that makes a living middle-manning your investment money will tell you about this because they know they won't make another dime off of you.
They will tell you that you can only buy stock thru a broker because that is how they make a living.
Not all companies, but a large number of them, sell stock direct to investors.
The company pays all commissions and fees maintaining the account until you decide to cash out some of the stock then it's $25.
For stockholders it is free otherwise.
Since I cannot give advice, I will just do like CNN, and ask questions:
Have you ever looked at this webpage?
https://www-us.computershare.com/Investor/#DirectStock
How many companies did you see?
Did you see a bunch of companies that you recognized?
Edit: There are more places that will hook you up with other companies to buy stock direct from them.

Question back at you Super. I've saw you talk about stock that pay dividends. Any sites you know of that show those companies for comparison?

Question back at you Super. I've saw you talk about stock that pay dividends. Any sites you know of that show those companies for comparison?
A big part of my income is from dividends. They are real. I like dividends! :D
I used https://www.marketwatch.com/ for years until they finally figured out that I was a tightwad/freeloader and wanted to force me to 'subscribe'.
Here's a screenshot of their site showing the $1.30 dividend and 4.40% yield of a stock.
Screenshot_20210724-200024.png

*And this is not investment advice either.

Last edited:
I keep a tracker running on Market Watch of selected stocks. Never looked at it from a dividend perspecective.
THANKS
Dividend perspective:
Let's say, what if I bought shares in the above UNNAMED stock on 06-26-19 for $67.30 per share.
Current yield was 5.43% in dividends.
Based on what I paid for the shares....today it pays me 7.72% in dividends.
And it will every year,,,, from now on.:) (unless they raise it again:p)
CNN question: would a 7.72% dividend make you happy?

...Sorry all for the vent. ...Bigger ain't always better and in most cases it's just NOT! ...

Oh no - Don't apologize - though this might be a bit of an 'older thread'.. It's More relevant than Ever! And, your 'point' is made No more powerfully, than by what 'happened' with the MSM..

https://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6 ..and here's 'How and By-Whom it was twisted into what it has become'... https://cfrmedia.wordpress.com
..Talk about yer 'Wretched hive of scum and villainy'.. :mad:

jd

I saw this the other day and it reminded me of this thread. George talks about the illusion of choice at the 5 minute mark to about 5:45. He was way ahead of his time and I'm sure the elites wanted him to shut up already. Too bad more people didn't take him seriously. He was spot on and way ahead of his time.

It sure didn't take them long to rule the world now did it?

BTW, I loathe Bill Maher......if I hadn't seen this clip from elsewhere I never would have seen this.

I saw this the other day and it reminded me of this thread. George talks about the illusion of choice at the 5 minute mark to about 5:45. He was way ahead of his time and I'm sure the elites wanted him to shut up already. Too bad more people didn't take him seriously. He was spot on and way ahead of his time.
It sure didn't take them long to rule the world now did it?
Dang it! You rattled my tree!gaah
I have to update my previous post.
Dividend perspective (07-21):
Let's say, what if I bought shares in the above UNNAMED stock on 06-26-19 for $67.30 per share.
Current yield was 5.43% in dividends.
Based on what I paid for the shares....today it pays me 7.72% in dividends.
And it will every year,,,, from now on.:) (unless they raise it again:p)
CNN question: would a 7.72% dividend make you happy?
The above UNNAMED stock has been paying me constantly since then, and has steadily increased it's dividend so it is now 8.3% based on what I paid for it.:thumbs: (revenue per employee = $1.14million)
If you wonder where old-farts get their money, there's your answer.:p

Dang it! You rattled my tree!gaah
I have to update my previous post.

The above UNNAMED stock has been paying me constantly since then, and has steadily increased it's dividend so it is now 8.3% based on what I paid for it.:thumbs: (revenue per employee = $1.14million)
If you wonder where old-farts get their money, there's your answer.:p
While I appreciate your input, I don't think this applies to the original topic regarding the threat of Mega Everything.

I'd be grateful if we could keep this thread on topic.:)

Plundering the future. This guy puts it out there like it is. I wouldn't be surprised if YT yanks it down. It pretty much explains why they don't care about money. It's not about that.....it's about control. When you have control, you have all the money in the world and it becomes useless to them. That's why things are happening in the world now that don't make sense from a purely monetary or economic prospective. If you look at it from a control perspective, it all makes perfect sense. I think we all know that, but this might help the slower crowd understand what's going on. Share the video to those who need to hear it and to wake up to what's really going on.

Latest posts

Back