There goes the neighborhood....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabin Fever

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
....apparently, we have a Peeping Tom at our bedroom door.
1677787010361.png

Didn’t someone here post a story about a woman who was a target to a bird, maybe a turkey?. Fish & wildlife wouldn’t help her, she was attacked by it. He’d stalk her. She could barely get from house to car, get her mail, etc. He’s starting to be territorial.

Has he brought any friends with him? They often travel in flocks. The others can't be too far behind. Be careful. They can get nasty.

Glad you have them hanging out... coyotes have decimated local populations. Only seen a couple in the last year, 10 miles from here. I watch for turkey sign when I'm out hunting plants. We're at a low ebb here, hopefully they'll bounce back.

Hey Patch, I had an employee in New Mexico who would open the school with me in the mornings. She'd need to be in about 6:30am. She was running late, constantly, and that was not the norm when she started. She said turkeys were the problem. I thought she was nuts. Till she took a video. They'd jump out of the trees in her yard when she would try to get in her truck to go to work. They would chase her, and it would be a race to see if she could make it in and get the door shut.
I had a killer Tom last year. Practically needed a suit of armour on to get them fed in their runs. He became ground turkey patties. All the fowl are getting a little weird right now...spring! The geese and turkeys are being pretty obnoxious.

Thanksgiving any time of year with that kind of problem, @Amish Heart !
There are a lot of turkeys in Texas too but haven't heard of any attacks. A friend was taking care of another friend's critters (back in MD) and in the coop was a rooster that always attacked the visiting care taker. Then came the day she took a large pan into the coop with her. She actually killed him. He was messing her up, attacking her face and head. I think I'd kill a turkey if it was making things unbearable.

Yep, we do. Was talking to our neighbor about taking care of our animals when we are out of town next month, and mentioned that one male goose is obnoxious, and that if he is accidentally killed, just butcher him. I whip him with a hose when he comes after me.
I cleaned for a couple years ago that had crabby goose. I had to carry a spray bottle of Pine Sol from the truck to the yard gate. I never had to spray it, just spray towards the goose and it would leave me alone! They had five geese, but just that one had it in for me!😃 They also had a large pot bellied pig. If he was in the backyard it was quite a fight to get in the door! If he got in, it was impossible to get him out!

Latest posts

Back