They've put DA in our water

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And why can't people move to one side of the aisle in the grocery store when talking on the phone (or not talk on the phone)? I like to "accidently" bump them with my cart! One woman turned around and said, "do you mind, can't you see me?" I SMILED and said, "oh, I'm m sorry, why don't you just go ahead and finish your conversation, the other four of us needing to go by can wait"! Boy, the whole aisle got quiet!!😁😁

We have 10 million visitors a year to our area, vacationers are the worst rubber necking around. I swear if I ever have any spare time I'm going to Iowa and spend 2 weeks driving around at 20 miles per hour!

Being from FL, I don't know how many times I have thought of that! Mississippi is too laid back to bother doing that. LOL

My wife found out the people having the baby shower built a new house off the road (out of site) and down the road from their old house. They don't have a mail box number for the new house, so they put the old number on the invitation. How dumb is that? Several people did not show up at the shower because of this.

Being from FL, I don't know how many times I have thought of that! Mississippi is too laid back to bother doing that. LOL
I spent 50 years in Florida....St.Pete, Clearwater, Tallahassee, and St. Augustine. I was always running from tourist and traffic. I finally left Florida and moved to a Georgia county with only 15,000 population. I have found peace at last.

I spent 50 years in Florida....St.Pete, Clearwater, Tallahassee, and St. Augustine. I was always running from tourist and traffic. I finally left Florida and moved to a Georgia county with only 15,000 population. I have found peace at last.
I was in Bradenton/ Sarasota area

1643579708299.png

no one knew directions to a town was that was 15 minutes away
This has been going on for most of my life. I'd say that women are worse about giving directions than men, but I've known both to not have a clue about giving directions or to an address. I am a visual person, and if I am giving directions, the visual of the drive plays in my head and makes it helpful to tell someone directions. How frustrating it is to get an address from someone, who could have added a little help about where to turn, where to park, etc. I remember having an appointment once, at a particular time, to a building with multiple offices. Parking for the building was a little tricky to get to and use. If I had been given just a clue or two, I would not have been late. I am someone who does not like to be late. People can live within a few miles of a place for most of their life and not have a clue about directions. I know a few people who have told me that they are directionally challenged. If they are going somewhere, they either have to have gone there before, or have someone with them who has been there before, so they can tell them where to turn, etc. I have wondered if this is a disability. I once suggested to someone to go west. West? They never figured out directions, so telling them to go west was like speaking Greek to them.

This has been going on for most of my life. I'd say that women are worse about giving directions than men, but I've known both to not have a clue about giving directions or to an address. I am a visual person, and if I am giving directions, the visual of the drive plays in my head and makes it helpful to tell someone directions. How frustrating it is to get an address from someone, who could have added a little help about where to turn, where to park, etc. I remember having an appointment once, at a particular time, to a building with multiple offices. Parking for the building was a little tricky to get to and use. If I had been given just a clue or two, I would not have been late. I am someone who does not like to be late. People can live within a few miles of a place for most of their life and not have a clue about directions. I know a few people who have told me that they are directionally challenged. If they are going somewhere, they either have to have gone there before, or have someone with them who has been there before, so they can tell them where to turn, etc. I have wondered if this is a disability. I once suggested to someone to go west. West? They never figured out directions, so telling them to go west was like speaking Greek to them.

When a couple asks me for directions, I know that the wife is forcing the guy to ask. That's why I give them wrong ones to teach her a lesson.

The joy of exploring uncharted territory.
And to circle and search and be lost! LOL! I have had men ask me to go ask this person or that person for directions to get somewhere. I did, because I know about this man thing, and I would never want to embarrass or humiliate a man for a known male trait. Once I did that, got back in the car, and then HE asked me if I asked this or that after I had reported the answer to the question he asked me to ask? No, you only said THIS.

Lady stop to ask me how to get to the city. Pointing at the “Y” intersection in front of her I told her to turn right, go about 5 miles she’ll come to the first stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign at it will take her into the City. I watched as she drove to the “Y” and turned left.

Lady stop to ask me how to get to the city. Pointing at the “Y” intersection in front of her I told her to turn right, go about 5 miles she’ll come to the first stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign at it will take her into the City. I watched as she drove to the “Y” and turned left.
Women also do not listen! LOL!

I have that directional disability. I need left, right, back, or ahead directions. Especially where I live because it's all flat. Around here, people speak in directions and it drives me nuts; like: I was standing outside the south door, and out from the east there came a ......
Who cares what door someone was standing at?

When we were on the ranch, if Pa had to go to town, he'd take a hay truck (just a flatbed or old pickup) and would put a shovel in one pocket and a pitchfork in another. He said folks would give him a pretty wide girth that way - thinking he didn't have insurance. That's probably a good idea to this day.
When I got married I bought a old Blue Ford long bed truck, I was third owner I was a New York state farmer truck. I never had a problem with people crowding me, when I drove it.

I have that directional disability. I need left, right, back, or ahead directions. Especially where I live because it's all flat. Around here, people speak in directions and it drives me nuts; like: I was standing outside the south door, and out from the east there came a ......
I have always thought that it was because I grew up where it was flat and roads were parallel and perpendicular to one another that the directions helped me. I remember the first time I drove around in the Black Hills, where roads curve and curl around. I was so confused about the direction we were traveling in. Good thing I wasn't driving, just riding.

I’ve never been bashful about asking for directions, won’t hesitate if needed. I spent a decade traveling to new cities, fly in, rent a car and go! Time was money and the local catscan was always broken and needed me to repair it. If I couldn’t find the hospital I’d stop and ask.

Sort of funny, I was working in New Jersey, stand in for a guy on vacation. I was hunting for a hospital and found my directions were poor at best. I found a hospital, the wrong one. I knew it wasn’t mine but thought they’d know how to give me directions in the ER.

I saw two CT service guys by the doors and asked them. They played a joke on me since they were my competitors. Their directions led me 3 miles to the front gates of Rahway State prison. The most notorious prison in New Jersey. It was funny! I had to laugh.
biggrin.gif

Wished I’d had a camera for a picture. I’d have gotten out for a selfie. I'd never heard of the city of Rahway or been to NJ, perfect patsy for a joke.

And I'm better with North, South, East, and West, unless I'm in the city. Then it gets a lot harder. What's really bad is when it's completely overcast and I can't see the sky - it's like kryptonite to my directional superpowers. I'll be convinced that East is North, and the compass in the car seems wrong...

We have 10 million visitors a year to our area, vacationers are the worst rubber necking around. I swear if I ever have any spare time I'm going to Iowa and spend 2 weeks driving around at 20 miles per hour!
LOL!
In South Dakota, especially Sioux Falls, where people from Iowa are often found, people from Iowa have been called Idiots Out Wondering Around.

In town Thurs, two fairly wide lanes. On each side past the white lines is a 5ft wide space to the curb. It’s for trucks turning into a small medical glove plant.

Anyway, a lady in front of me had pulled over to the curb, was out of her vehicle, just a little of her full sized pickup into my lane. I still had room, she wasn’t the problem. Another truck had pulled up facing her but sticking out into the lane a good bit. Like she was giving a jump!

Then the dummy in the 2nd vehicle got out and ran across the road to the other side. She was shouting back at the 1st lady. Neither could hear for all the vehicles crawling by the bottle neck. She kept trying to hear, kept stepping closer till she was back in the lane. An old lady in a caddy almost hit her, stopped completely. The idiot scared the poor old lady half to death, shame! Guess she never learned to stay out of the road, heck my dog knows that. Lucky she wasn’t hit!

I’ve never been bashful about asking for directions, won’t hesitate if needed. I spent a decade traveling to new cities, fly in, rent a car and go! Time was money and the local catscan was always broken and needed me to repair it. If I couldn’t find the hospital I’d stop and ask.

Sort of funny, I was working in New Jersey, stand in for a guy on vacation. I was hunting for a hospital and found my directions were poor at best. I found a hospital, the wrong one. I knew it wasn’t mine but thought they’d know how to give me directions in the ER.

I saw two CT service guys by the doors and asked them. They played a joke on me since they were my competitors. Their directions led me 3 miles to the front gates of Rahway State prison. The most notorious prison in New Jersey. It was funny! I had to laugh.View attachment 79395

Wished I’d had a camera for a picture. I’d have gotten out for a selfie. I'd never heard of the city of Rahway or been to NJ, perfect patsy for a joke.
I hear you about asking for directions. I hate asking, but I hate being lost a lot worse...

Driving in New Jersey was tough, it was winter and snowing. I had a CT in Philly and 3 in NJ to take care of, miserable driving, toll roads everywhere. I was coming back to Philly one night, it was snowing fairly hard. I missed the Ben Franklin Bridge exit. I had to cross the river in Wilmington DE and drive back north through some very bad neighborhoods. Took an extra hour to get to my hotel in west chester pa. I was already tired...

Getting lost or bad directions in a car or pickup is pretty minor, having some one print you a map to a location when pulling a heavyhaul combination, gets a little more dicey,
Try backing something like this down a mile of s turn road. https://tritontransport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMGP04311.jpg . been there done that, except the load was a big excavator, which I had unloaded, and "walked" to the site, which was supposed to be big enough to turn around in, NOT

Oh yeah as to the origonal point of this thread, people seem to be getting to be far worse dumbA$$es

I hear you about asking for directions. I hate asking, but I hate being lost a lot worse...

If in Chicago.
I'll just stay lost .
Them DAs will just shoot ya.

I can't even imagine the DA level in big cities, it's bad enough here in Podunk.

(BTW, there is a Podunk KY, I went thru it once. Turned around, went thru it again , just to make sure , 3 houses and a sign that says Podunk , KY)

Jim

Back