this book should be read by every homesteader / prepper now on audio books youtube

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CF The book was more focused on making a living than living completely self-sufficiently. He still depended on a market- not farm direct sales etc.
Guess that depends on how you look at it. His way of living is closer to "real" homesteading than any of us will ever be able to do unless the system crashes! They provided for all their needs through what they produced on those few acres...

I just got it in and it's a good read. About a fourth of the way through...my purse book while I wait for husband's doc appts. I like how the wife is handling the kid's chores and who does what, based on their ability. And how he went on about the milk cow. And wow! A servant girl. Also like that they traded veggies and fruit for store credit so they can just go in and get what they need, like he said when daughter needed a new dress. Can't understand why he buys tomato seedlings, though, they're easy to start. Unless the price wasn't worth his time.

I just got it in and it's a good read. About a fourth of the way through...my purse book while I wait for husband's doc appts. I like how the wife is handling the kid's chores and who does what, based on their ability. And how he went on about the milk cow. And wow! A servant girl. Also like that they traded veggies and fruit for store credit so they can just go in and get what they need, like he said when daughter needed a new dress. Can't understand why he buys tomato seedlings, though, they're easy to start. Unless the price wasn't worth his time.
The next year some things change.

Latest posts

Back