This forum goes to 11

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyCZ_tfa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Neighbor
Like many of you, I flew the coop from the repressive GF/RT regimes for the free speech haven of this new forum.

Great to be here and to see familiar faces and the ever-growing cadre of free speech-loving gun owners!

1B71DEEF-AEF6-4684-B6F2-9684019C5342.jpeg

Hi EasyCZ,

I just got here but ... Welcome from the South East Texas Gulf Coast!
I see from your pic you've been doing your push ups. :bigeyes:

MagBlackhawk
(AKA MagnumBlachawk)

Like many of you, I flew the coop from the repressive GF/RT regimes for the free speech haven of this new forum.

Great to be here and to see familiar faces and the ever-growing cadre of free speech-loving gun owners!

View attachment 676

Wow! An added 11 on a 10-notch dial. I met Leslie West (from Mountain) in Madrid in 1985. Mountain was touring with Deep Purple.
Leslie was showing off a custom Washburn guitar with a 11-notch volume knob.
I had heard the song "Mississippi Queen" and ironically, Leslie became a fan of mine because I was the only person in the hotel who had ever heard of him.

Wow! An added 11 on a 10-notch dial. I met Leslie West (from Mountain) in Madrid in 1985. Mountain was touring with Deep Purple.
Leslie was showing off a custom Washburn guitar with a 11-notch volume knob.
I had heard the song "Mississippi Queen" and ironically, Leslie became a fan of mine because I was the only person in the hotel who had ever heard of him.

Love it. I imagine Leslie could shred it at 11!

I heard a rumor back in the 70s that Deep Purple was one of the loudest bands on the planet.

Loud! :eek:
I went to a Ted Nugent concert way back then... The "informed" concert goers brought ear plugs. It was Crazy Loud!

Hotel security had unkind words for Leslie when he was rocking out in his hotel room!
That was just a single Marshall stack.

I never got to see Purple or Nugent. I still enjoy both of them. Last band I saw was Guns and Roses in 1992.
They were crazy loud, and at that show I realized that the concert scene was no longer for me.

I did get to see a few of the greats: Pink Floyd, The Allman Bros., Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dylan, Rush, Triumph, Yes, Iron Maiden (they were LOUD), Aerosmith, and several Dead shows. Wish I'd seen Led Zep.

Hotel security had unkind words for Leslie when he was rocking out in his hotel room!
That was just a single Marshall stack.

I never got to see Purple or Nugent. I still enjoy both of them. Last band I saw was Guns and Roses in 1992.
They were crazy loud, and at that show I realized that the concert scene was no longer for me.

I did get to see a few of the greats: Pink Floyd, The Allman Bros., Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dylan, Rush, Triumph, Yes, Iron Maiden (they were LOUD), Aerosmith, and several Dead shows. Wish I'd seen Led Zep.
That's one helluva list. Lots of music history there.

Latest posts

Back