This will make it all clear.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it goes deeper. It's not just a resilience to reason due to over socialization- it's a side effect of a language which has been rendered impotent and becomes more corrupted daily. Without accurate and specific words the mind cannot accurately catagorize, classify and therefore refrence the world, the mind cannot value things accurately and thus any chance at gaining a more accurate understanding of objective truth is thwarted before one ever has the chance to gain it, much less pass it on by communicating. The theory of stupidity is merely a downstream effect of this truth.

Our language itself is under attack, false words with false meanings lead us astray. Unless we understand the limitations of language we cannot escape the social consequences of using it and being understood through its lense. Words have incredible power over us... and our language is designed from the ground up to make us stupid and disconnect us from God. Be wary of the words you speak, and make a habit of speaking the most absolute truth possible even at the risk of offending others and starting wars. I believe the consequences of this is what Kant was driving at with his categorical imperative of always telling the truth.

I think I see that all the time when it comes to politics. Some people just can’t seem to see the obvious about their chosen candidate. And that applies to both parties.

I think it goes deeper. It's not just a resilience to reason due to over socialization- it's a side effect of a language which has been rendered impotent and becomes more corrupted daily. Without accurate and specific words the mind cannot accurately catagorize, classify and therefore refrence the world, the mind cannot value things accurately and thus any chance at gaining a more accurate understanding of objective truth is thwarted before one ever has the chance to gain it, much less pass it on by communicating. The theory of stupidity is merely a downstream effect of this truth.

Our language itself is under attack, false words with false meanings lead us astray. Unless we understand the limitations of language we cannot escape the social consequences of using it and being understood through its lense. Words have incredible power over us... and our language is designed from the ground up to make us stupid and disconnect us from God. Be wary of the words you speak, and make a habit of speaking the most absolute truth possible even at the risk of offending others and starting wars. I believe the consequences of this is what Kant was driving at with his categorical imperative of always telling the truth.

Very well said. The erosion of language. and consider that English is a poorly constructed method of communication. acronyms are in my opinion one of the worst at derailing things. If it need saying say the whole darn thing. My latest irritation is people calling GMT 400 series trucks (1988-1998) ish OBS, old body style, NO what ever is not the current body style is old body style.
But the biggest mistake we who do what we can to think critically make is to assume that this is just something that happens. It is very well planned, and it starts with religion, we have an inbuilt connection to something bigger, perhaps greater. Religion takes advantage of that to control and program minds. politics is the next one, humans are basicly decent, until programed different. give a few choices of evil, evil and evil people think they are free. And letting science become peer reviewed, instead of empirical.
If what I said ruffles some feathers, they need ruffling think your way, not go by rote

One of my favorite Dunning Kruger effect, and it is rampant especially now. except that unbased confidence is pretty much arrogance, learned confidence shows , usually calm and ready to listen,

Yeah, except it is true hillbillies who use empirical data and the "educated" who spout crap. idiotric
Yes, stupid is spreading like a virus in the country.
Watching the FOX 'man-on-the-street' interview people in NYC proves the point...
He asks them a simple question, and most look like they are 'stumped' and can only reply gibberish. :(
...and they breed.:mad:
Idiocracy is closer to becoming reality than you think.gaah

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back