Today is Yom HaShoah

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
Also known as Holocaust Memorial Day or Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) 2020 marks 75 years since the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau. Here you can find different ways to get involved in this landmark anniversary and explore the theme for HMD 2020: Stand Together.

"Don’t be content in your life just to do no wrong, be prepared every day to try and do some good." - Sir Nicholas Winton, who rescued 669 children from Nazi-occupied Europe

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/yom-ha-shoah-holocaust-memorial-day

hc1.jpg

Homo sapiens sapiens became responsible for most of Earth's Temperate zones around 30,000 years ago, some folks say. By that reckoning, that's when we became responsible for the evil upon it. "Just sayin'".

I always thought it was when that serpent got a couple of kids to eat an apple.

Regardless we need to remember such even so we do not allow it to be repeated. And right now, there is a shocking amount of people who claim the holocaust never happened and an even more shocking number of young people who have never even heard of it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...e-adl-dont-know-what-the-holocaust-is/370801/

A good time to remember it while our civil liberties are being crushed as we speak. I hope people remember this in November.

Never again.

I attribute nearly all of this ignorance to what I call (for my own convenience) the Koolaid Syndrome. Not only does incoming information need to undergo the passive form of Quality Control, that QC needs to winnow out the unreliable sources - objectively. That winnowing creates room and time for finding other sources, and quality-checking them. During the course of that search, one is likely to stumble upon the Holocaust.

There are significant drawbacks to this practice, of course. For instance, I have been unable to fully trust anyone I've never met. That includes God.

Back