Today, Saturday I just bought a couple grand worth of Silver

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just told our advisor ok to sell half of gold holdings. If the price drops we locked half of our gains. If it keeps going up we still have piece of the action.

Not investment advise!
Wise move! It's at $2,141 now.
Super Quote:
"It's not a blip, folks."
(sorry, no annoying graph:(.)

Wise move! It's at $2,141 now.
Super Quote:
"It's not a blip, folks."
(sorry, no annoying graph:(.)
$2,153 now. It's not a blip.
(sorry, it's annoying graph time again :( )
Screenshot_20240306-115805_kindlephoto-1655565673.png

$2,166 now (no graph).
Somebody else please post so I won't be guilty of 'Meerkating' a thread :(.
EEEEK, Threadkiller :p. Now its on me, you can relax.

I got a few ounces of assorted precious metals, but it's mostly Lead and Brass.

Another new term for the Lexicon, Meerkatting a thread :Dancing Chicken:
Off topic: She would post 9 or 10 posts in a row in less than 30 minutes so anybody that looked at the thread would see only her posts :mad:.
Most of them were meaningless drivel:(.
After I do 3 in a row, I cut myself off, even if I have new info to add.

Not much that can be said that isn't speculation.

So to speculate

Why is it going up?
Crypto is pushing up as well. Is crypto competing with gold?

Is the dollar loosing its value? Is the BRICS currency looking better than the dollar?

Was news the US government was spending $1T every 100 days a factor?

Is FJB scheming to grab the Russian assets and give it to Ukraine calling the dollars status as the reserve currency into question?

Gold upward rise has been moving in steps with limits at nice round numbers. Are programmed sell orders inhibiting gold climbing faster?

Don't know. Only guessing.

Ben

So to speculate

Why is it going up?

Is the dollar loosing its value? Is the BRICS currency looking better than the dollar?

Is FJB scheming to grab the Russian assets and give it to Ukraine calling the dollars status as the reserve currency into question?

Gold upward rise has been moving in steps with limits at nice round numbers. Are programmed sell orders inhibiting gold climbing faster?

I believe it is from LOTS of people buying tons of it.
That is my oHpinion only.
I too saw it halting at round numbers too. It's easy to see how the machines are programmed.
(BTW, I loved your hidden pun: 'speculation', which trading in the gold market was always considered.)

So to speculate

Why is it going up?

Ben

We will understand why after Bidens State of the Union address.

So to speculate

Why is it going up?

Ben
I heard a story that banks are buying it because they are going broke on the other side- just a story I s’poze.

I sold a little silver yesterday and they weren't paying much....I need to find another dealer maybe.
We will see this summer after banks start having more problems after march 11.
We are back on topic!:oops:
Silver has been stuck in the doldrums for a year :(.
Silver:
Screenshot_20240307-204722_kindlephoto-1748028655.png

We just told our advisor ok to sell half of gold holdings. If the price drops we locked half of our gains. If it keeps going up we still have piece of the action.
Hopefully he did his job and struck while the iron was hot. :thumbs:
It appears that the party is ending:(. (Annoying graph):
Screenshot_20240312-163938_kindlephoto-2071539633.png

Can you explain this to me
Well, stuff goes up and down in the markets every day.
When the price of something spikes up a bunch in one day without a good reason, it is called a "blip" because it will correct back to 'normal' in the following days.

Last edited:
Can you explain this to me
Well, stuff goes up and down in the markets every day.
When the price of something spikes up a bunch in one day without a good reason, it is called a "blip" because it will correct back to 'normal' in the following days.
Not sure if you meant blip or fed chair - Jerome Powell is chairman of the federal reserve. He babbled a little today. It’s also why the market was up. (He contradicted himself but tried to convey the message that the economy is great).

I subscribe to the theory (or line of thought) that the market value of silver is relative to it's need in production of electronics/computer products. And lets face it - if there is no SHTF in our lifetime and not necessary in an economic collapse for barter.... the market value is all it's worth, and therefor a risky investment.

I subscribe to the theory (or line of thought) that the market value of silver is relative to it's need in production of electronics/computer products. And lets face it - if there is no SHTF in our lifetime and not necessary in an economic collapse for barter.... the market value is all it's worth, and therefor a risky investment.
Unless you believe (like I do) that silver has been manipulated to keep it's value low. Many think that once silver gets traction, it will shoot way up and never return to the lower levels. That's not necessarily why I have some, but I don't plan on making computers with it either. For me, it's just another asset medium that I like to have in my diversified portfolio. I do not consider it risky at all. I can sell it anytime I want to. I have some silver now that I'd make about a 75% profit on if I wanted to sell it, but that's not happening.

Unless you believe (like I do) that silver has been manipulated to keep it's value low. Many think that once silver gets traction, it will shoot way up and never return to the lower levels. That's not necessarily why I have some, but I don't plan on making computers with it either. For me, it's just another asset medium that I like to have in my diversified portfolio. I do not consider it risky at all. I can sell it anytime I want to. I have some silver now that I'd make about a 75% profit on if I wanted to sell it, but that's not happening.
Two sides of every coin. Pun? Not exactly... I like to look at both sides. Thanks.

Two sides of every coin. Pun? Not exactly... I like to look at both sides. Thanks.
Definitely not a 'risky' investment, very stable compared to all others.
Downsides: hasn't kept up with inflation, doesn't pay interest or dividends :(.

I saw it briefly hit $2199.00 (notice the round number) on FBN today.
Happy hunting! :thumbs:
It seems to be resting comfortably above $2200 today, a brick wall that it kept bouncing off of monday :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back