Today's Scouting

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t be so sensitive! Why would it be a crappy remark? You completely made my point. I don’t see a reason to be gruff. Let’s start over, hi I’m Dr. Facefixer and I have a sense of humor. Nice to meet you.

Jake and I hit the woods today scouting a new area for the upcoming Muzzle loading season. Jake has had his eye on a 10-22 Ruger in my collection and wanted to carry it today instead of his single shot Marlin. I think Ive think Ive lost another gun to him after today. I think we have found the worst deer stand Ive ever seen not only was it set in a horrible place I can't believe anyone would pack that much scaffolding a mile back in the woods. We also found the remains of an old camp.

Hashbrown, we got our 11 year old her first rifle this Christmas. A Ruger 10-22 with a Tapco tactical stock. (the adjustable stock works better for her size and she can grow into it) She has shot mine in the past with iron sights but hers has a scope. After shooting her new rifle she announced that she is a 'scope" kind of girl. We have been shooting it at targets off and on but yesterday I think she got hooked. She came to me today and wanted to go shooting again. It was late in the afternoon so tomorrow we will go out again and let her put more time in on her rifle.

Latest posts

Back