Today's Scouting

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashbrown

Peckerwood
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Jake and I hit the woods today scouting a new area for the upcoming Muzzle loading season. Jake has had his eye on a 10-22 Ruger in my collection and wanted to carry it today instead of his single shot Marlin. I think Ive think Ive lost another gun to him after today. I think we have found the worst deer stand Ive ever seen not only was it set in a horrible place I can't believe anyone would pack that much scaffolding a mile back in the woods. We also found the remains of an old camp.

hunt1.jpg

hunt2.jpg

hunt3.jpg

hunt4.jpg

Attachments

• hunt5.jpg
    hunt5.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 4
No worries, what goes around comes around. I acquired a dozen guns from my Dad by age 16. Now he comes and collects guns from my man cave a few times a year. "How many S&W Shield's do you have? I'm gonna take this one. Oooo an LCP? I am taking that too."

I'm happy to give him about any of them but he'll have to wait until I die to get into my Weatherbys.

Careful what you say, he may learn to like them Weatherby's too. Okay lets see dad or Weatherby, dad or Weatherby? As I see it,them
Weatherby's are pretty darn nice. :eyeballs:

He loves it so much because it has a clip. I had years worth of ammo saved and he's burnt through it with a single shot. I can't imagine what he'll do now!

Had the same ammo problem with my sons. Finally had to tell them they had to buy their own ammo. It did slow down a bit. First started we would easily go through 2 bricks per range visit.

After they started buying their ammo, maybe one brick, usually half a brick. They also became much better shots after they started paying for the ammo.

My Grandson loves my Henry CCH 45-70 now. He used to like the 10\22 and I thought the recoil of the 45-70 would make him shy away, but noooo he would rotate from the 44mag rifle to the pistol then ease back over to me and ask "can I shoot some more of those?" pointing at the 45-70 boxes. Glad I reload cause them thangs cost a 1.40 a pop(boom) even when you buy the less expensive cowboy action loads. Actually I loved it that he is developing an interest in firearms. He even wanted to take a couple of the 45-70 cartridges home to be able to show his friends and girlfriend what he was shootin.

Had the same ammo problem with my sons. Finally had to tell them they had to buy their own ammo. It did slow down a bit. First started we would easily go through 2 bricks per range visit.

After they started buying their ammo, maybe one brick, usually half a brick. They also became much better shots after they started paying for the ammo.

LOL, yes and they pay for their first car they become better drivers once they tear something up and have to pay to fix it.

I remember , taking my oldest GS out , before season, scouting...
That was more fun than the actual sitting in a blind ..

View attachment 769

He loved carrying that Marlin 60 and the Uberti 357 mag....in case we came across something mean,
MEMORIES .

Jim

Jim, Nice looking kid, although you didn't seem to like mine.

I wasn't aware that an arrow could demolish the heart like it did a doe I shot. I gave it to my dog.
Yeah. I’ve seen them do a great deal of damage....especially if the arrow remains and the buck has enough gusto to still move. Those muscles just keep cutting right up against the razors. I’ve seen a fool get a thunderhead in the calf and it wasn’t that severe of an injury until he kept walking on it.

Hash brown If I ever see one in the ER I’ll give you a free anatomy lesson! It will tune up your butchering skills. Until then, pm me if you want me to explain to you you the literary reference of early American literature.

Yeah. I’ve seen them do a great deal of damage....especially if the arrow remains and the buck has enough gusto to still move. Those muscles just keep cutting right up against the razors. I’ve seen a fool get a thunderhead in the calf and it wasn’t that severe of an injury until he kept walking on it.

Hash brown If I ever see one in the ER I’ll give you a free anatomy lesson! It will tune up your butchering skills. Until then, pm me if you want me to explain to you you the literary reference of early American literature.

Oh I get it..... just thought it was kind of a crappy remark. You don't know me and you damn damn sure don't know him. He's been raised to be a man of men he knows how to survive better than most adults, and for your info the first thing we eat is the heart. Go play your Doctor card elsewhere.....

Latest posts

Back