Two impossible journey true stories♥️

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Friend of a friend and her husband adopted 2 dogs when they moved into a rent house 3yrs ago. Husband's job moved to Dallas, they got an apartment (40min from rent house). Gave dogs to her sister about 30 minutes from rent house. Dogs stayed with the sister about 2 weeks and disappeared. Showed up at the rent house 2 weeks later. Sister came and got them, neighbor recognized them, took them back to her home. REPEAT, a week later. Next door neighbor to rent house now owns happy dogs that live next to their " home"! Many years ago I worked for a lady who took in her brother's dog after the brother passed away. They lived 3and Half hours apart. Lady had the dog a few days and it disappeared only to show up at the brother's old house (now with new owners) 4months later. Neighbor recognized the dog even though it was skinny and terribly matted. New house owners kept that dog. I just heard the first story today, reminded me of the second.

This isn't quite so dramatic, but when my brother was living at home while attending ag school, he got a coonhound named Missy. He finished school and got a job at a feedlot 20 miles away, that had an employer provided house on site. So he took Missy and moved there. After a few days, the dog vanished. She must have taken a roundabout way home because it took her a week to cover the 20 miles home, but she made it. My brother took her back but she came home again and never left...

I saw a guy dump a dog across from the house one afternoon. He was driving a nicely restored 70's pickup. I called the dog when he came out to the road and tied him to my porch. As it happens I had noticed that same truck a week earlier parked at a house (I like old trucks). About midnight I drove the 10miles over to that house. The truck was there so I dumped the dog back out. I'd have given anything to see the guys face the next morning.
biggrin.gif

We moved 70 miles away from a country property with fields, forests, streams, and mountains, to the suburbs with our big ol tabby cat. He too disappeared and showed up at the country house a few weeks later. My aunt and uncle lived next property over and called my mom. How she transported Abner back home i don’t know. His tail was down to bone on the end half of it, his ears were a bit cut and scarred and he was pretty mad most of the time after that and not doing too well. He was a big cat and the only cat my dad ever liked. For whatever reason, I think mom had him put down. He may have done that twice, ran back home, but I can’t remember.

Latest posts

Back