UK preppers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of our antiquated weapon laws, such as prohibition of silencers, were because of poaching during the great depression. I suspect laws against hunting with bows may be because of poaching also.
Possibly but I honestly don't see how, we still have people using crossbows to kill and maim animals.

Criminals by definition care little about the law.

Poaching

The illegal shooting, trapping, or taking of game or fish from private or public property.
As much as it irks me to come to BP's defense in the UK poaching outside of the kitchen is associated with the illegal taking of game and fish, they also now include plants I believe.

I'm not interested in semantics.

Possibly but I honestly don't see how, we still have people using crossbows to kill and maim animals.

Criminals by definition care little about the law.
UK-Ghost, if you live in the city, I can understand why you would think that. But believe it, it happens.

You are right about criminals caring little to nothing about the law. Sometimes erstwhile upstanding citizens get the temptation to shoot animals in a manner outside of the game regulations, or sometimes they don't even know they are doing something illegal because they didn't carefully read the latest regulations, and sometimes it is inadvertent - like shooting two birds with one shot when you are only one bird under the limit. Probably the vast majority of hunters in the U.S. have fudged on the regulations at some point. Something like a driver going ten miles per hour over the speed limit.

I dont know how much poaching still goes on or if the UK Police even care any more.
usually its some yobbo shooting a neighbours cat with an air rifle for fun, which isnt a game animal anyway not even a wild animal.

I dont know how much poaching still goes on or if the UK Police even care any more.
usually its some yobbo shooting a neighbours cat with an air rifle for fun, which isnt a game animal anyway not even a wild animal.
Your are right, shooting the neighbor's cat is not covered in the UK laws for prevention of poaching that forbid bows to be used on wild animals. (I looked it up: Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, Part 1, 5(1)(c) & 11(1)(b), yes they actually say "prevention of poaching")

I guess that just falls under animal cruelty laws, no matter what you use.

Latest posts

Back