Unusual things you do. Others may say "huh?" but you have your reasons

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never sit with my back to the room. I always sit with my back to a wall.
I too am guilty of that, I always face the doors.
If it means that I have to drag up another chair, it's no big deal. :thumbs:

I still have some strings of christmas lights outside......they illuminate our walkway and look welcoming when coming home in the dark and add a cheery note to getting up at o dark thirty in the morning. I do use a timer so they arent on all night. They also give more light for the cheap security cameras.

The top 2 quirks that come to mind are 1. When I leave a room I automatically turn off the light. I've even done it when my wife was in the room & she hates the dark. The other is that I have to answer the phone within 3 rings. The first quirk was the result of being raised that way when I was a kid. The 2nd was being in the military. I'm sure that I have a lot more but they don't come to mind.

If I have an appointment and am riding transportation bus to VA.
The actual appointment will be 1100 hours, but I will tell transportation 1000 hours.
Dislike being late probably due to the Military training.
I like making raisin spiders with the grandchildren at Halloween to drop in unsuspecting persons hot coffee or tea.
Get a lot of giggles with that one.

Probably where and how we live is all weird. Our son told little granddaughter that he's not bringing girlfriends here when he visits anymore. We've met two of them. It freaks them out. The second one said we were too nice here. The first one just freaked me out.
I think it’s sad so many people are so removed from the basics.

Probably where and how we live is all weird. Our son told little granddaughter that he's not bringing girlfriends here when he visits anymore. We've met two of them. It freaks them out. The second one said we were too nice here. The first one just freaked me out.
I always feel that if you are not scaring people you are not doing something right!!😉

I make it a point to keep all my 12V batteries fully charged.
I walk around looking for batteries to connect to trickle chargers. Last I looked, I have somewhere around 25-30 12v (car, atv, utv, generator, tractor...) batteries. It would piss me off if I went to start something and it had a dead battery.

For some reason I always started honing a 12 inch bowie on a bench stone at the kitchen table when my daughters brought a boy home.

Other than that I'm really funny how and where I sleep. If I sleep in a strange place a barrier needs to be behind me. When I stay in a motel I put the blankets on the floor and sleep between the bed and the wall. My best night sleep comes when a dog sleeps near my feet. A dog that I have worked with.

For some reason I always started honing a 12 inch bowie on a bench stone at the kitchen table when my daughters brought a boy home.

Other than that I'm really funny how and where I sleep. If I sleep in a strange place a barrier needs to be behind me. When I stay in a motel I put the blankets on the floor and sleep between the bed and the wall. My best night sleep comes when a dog sleeps near my feet. A dog that I have worked with.
this made me laugh out loud.
I leave lights on, one low light in the living room, low light on in the kitchen or laundry room. At least one of us goes to the kitchen in the night. While staying at an inlaws they turned off ALL lights in and out at bedtime. Drove me nuts and was so dark in the house and outside.

this made me laugh out loud.
I leave lights on, one low light in the living room, low light on in the kitchen or laundry room. At least one of us goes to the kitchen in the night. While staying at an inlaws they turned off ALL lights in and out at bedtime. Drove me nuts and was so dark in the house and outside.
yeah, the only time its dark here with no lights is if the power is out. Have to be able to see a hairball before you step on it :eyeballs: :drink buddy:

I eat peanut butter with a spoon also
I eat my French fries with mustard
And eat mayo and pepper sandwiches
Trick is LOTS of pepper
And I tap in odd numbers only
Like ,,, tapping a spoon on the pot after stirring. 3 times
A knock on a door. 3. Or 5.

I suppose I've lots of quirks 😂 I never parallel park if there is traffic behind me; I like to park 'facing out' (partly because I had an old car for years I was afraid would need a push start) I like to put foodstuffs in containers and glass jars just because.
Locally I'm considered weird because of my 'hippy notions' - going barefoot in the summer, making soap powder though leaving work to write and go back to college was the icing on the cake.
100%with you on bare foot'in

I count stairs whether I am going up or going down. I can tell you how many stairs there are in every single staircase in our house. Remember The Count from Sesame Street? I do that with stairs. Crazy, I know, but when you are carrying something, and you can't really see where you are going it helps.

I count stairs whether I am going up or going down
Me too :)

Another of mine - I almost always have the TV on when I want to go to sleep. Without the distraction, my mind just doesn't want to shut down. I put on stand-up comedy or documentaries most of the time. Just enough to distract me but not enough to keep my interest piqued where I feel I need to really pay attention.

Latest posts

Back