US - Cabinet level visit to Taiwan - first time since 1979 - china furious and threatening

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This makes no sense Maudite, why would the ice breakers need to create a path through Arctic when all they have to do is go around the Horn of Africa and up the Western coast of Africa for European ports, how is the Arctic a shorter route? Shipping isn't only china power base but also manufacturing, cheap labor and it's rare earth depository, shipping is just a small fraction of what china provides. Also, Western manufactures would have to pull out of china in mass for this so-called partnership to even begin such a ploy.

Their are more to this than shipping, manufacturing, rare earth, territorial disputes, threats to it's neighbors, it is china's flagrant theft of Western intellectual property, spying that includes it's infiltration into our colleges.

Super tankers are too massive for the Suez canal

https://qz.com/1101860/seven-places-in-the-world-where-global-trade-could-be-stopped-cold/

Last edited:
The link is to the oil trade, it has nothing to do with china as far as china maritime trade. Still doesn't explain the Arctic.

I've confused you.. Choke points are transit points that all shipping must past through regardless of cargo. And, sailing around the Horn of Africa won't take a ship into the Atlantic. The Horn is north of the equator, Ships transit into the Atlantic using the Coast route around South Africa...

To bust China's bubble....
Create a coalition of Indian Ocean states, partner with India and Thailand. Build the Kar canal for that coalition to dominate the maritime trade of the Indian ocean region. Create a fleet of nuclear powered ice breakers for artic routes to shorten transits to European markets.
Our relationship with India has never been better than right now. There is an enormous amount of pro-American and pro-Trump sentiment in India at the moment.

I've confused you.. Choke points are transit points that all shipping must past through regardless of cargo. And, sailing around the Horn of Africa won't take a ship into the Atlantic. The Horn is north of the equator, Ships transit into the Atlantic using the Coast route around South Africa...

Perhaps I wasn't clear given I omitted Southern Africa, my bad.
Ship around the Horn through Southern Africa up the West Coast of Africa, it's what''s been going on for hundred years, it's called the cape rout, again, how is the Arctic faster?

Last edited:
My wife tells me that the only American news in Taiwan is from CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC, so most people there have no idea what Trump is doing for them since the lamestream media won't talk about it.

She is getting her friends and relatives to spread the word.

The first time I was in Taiwan was in 1984. Jimmy Carter was detested by them, and detested is too mild a word to describe how they felt about Carter's betrayal in unilaterally terminating the Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty. I saw signs that were still up vilifying Carter, years after Reagan became President.

Taiwan’s President Touts ‘Stronger than Ever’ U.S. Relationship amid Chinese Threat

Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-Wen in a video statement at a U.S. think tank event in Washington on Wednesday touted the strength of the U.S.-Taiwan relationship amid a growing threat from China.

“As effective as our military is, we cannot stand alone without support from the community of like-minded democracies. I am proud that the relationship between Taiwan and the U.S. has never been closer,” Tsai said in her statement at the Hudson Institute.

“Across the board, we share a high degree of mutual trust and a common strategic picture of how we can work together to protect and preserve a free and open Indo-Pacific,” she added.

Both Taiwan and the U.S. are concerned by China’s growing aggressiveness in the Indo-Pacific region. The U.S. opposes what it considers excessive Chinese territorial claims in international waters important for global trade as well as China’s increasing bullying of its neighbors — many of whom are U.S. allies.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/12/taiwan-president-us-relationship-chinese-threat/

Latest posts

Back