USAF vet nearly threw away lottery ticket

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
Worth $6,5oo,000!

https://taskandpurpose.com/a-94-yea...rew-away-a-6-5-million-winning-lottery-ticket

A 94-year-old Air Force veteran nearly threw away a $6.5 million winning lottery ticket

Mandatory Fun

(Oregon Lottery)
A 94-year-old Air Force veteran from Oregon almost threw away his change to be a millionaire.

William Bowker plays the lottery often, but when his granddaughter checked his latest lottery ticket, she thought it was for the Mega Millions jackpot instead of Megabucks.

He decided to double check the ticket, and it paid off — literally.

"She got done, and later, I thought I should double-check it before throwing it away," Bowker said in a press release from the Oregon Lottery. "I am glad I did. I immediately thought — BOOM! I won!"

His winning numbers were 14-32-41-43-44-47.

The first thing Bowker did was call a family meeting to discuss the prize and how to use it. He opted to take the $3.25 million bulk sum payment and will keep $2.2 million after taxes. He plans to share the money among family members.

"I have what I need, and I'm 94," Bowker said. "This is a wonderful way to help my family."

Jackson's Food Store in Happy Valley, Ore., will receive $65,000 for selling him the winning ticket. The Jackson's Food Stores company said it's the largest ticket they've sold in Oregon so far.

The first thing Bowker did was call a family meeting to discuss the prize and how to use it. He opted to take the $3.25 million bulk sum payment and will keep $2.2 million after taxes. He plans to share the money among family members.

Even crazier than nearly throwing away a lottery ticket is winning $6,500,000 and ending up with $2,200,000 after Uncle Sugar siphons off his cut.

If it pleases the crown may I receive the monies I have won?

Latest posts

Back