User names

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some real "monster" sturgeon in the North West back in the long-long ago. Especially the Columbia River.

in early 90's i caught several sturgeon in 6ft range and seen both larger and smaller.back then there was a very narrow slot limit to keep one.

while in idaho i seen old picture around 1900 of a sturgeon caught in snake river...it was caught on a hay hook and it took a team of work horses to pull it up on shore.

just yesterday i seen this video of a giant sturgeon leaping .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/ani...sh-columbia-river/vi-AAMn2bE?ocid=mailsignout

I will never own a level wind fishing reel again.
I did that so many times when I was younger I kind of got stuck with the name.
The pic is not mine but I have done worse.

backlash.jpg
Looks like my first bait caster. I hated it. Got a newer one and can do ok with it. I much prefer a spinning reel for most things. I do have a couple fly rods and enjoy them. But have never been able to get the knack of casting properly. When I retire I may take classes and give it a real try.

Looks like my first bait caster. I hated it. Got a newer one and can do ok with it. I much prefer a spinning reel for most things. I do have a couple fly rods and enjoy them. But have never been able to get the knack of casting properly. When I retire I may take classes and give it a real try.
I can tangle up a spinning reel faster than a baitcaster. I got a Shimano baitcaster when I was 15 before a trip to Canada, and I practiced a ton with it before we left. I only bird-nested it once on the trip. All my reels are spincasters now, because I'm lazy and they're cheap...

I can tangle up a spinning reel faster than a baitcaster. I got a Shimano baitcaster when I was 15 before a trip to Canada, and I practiced a ton with it before we left. I only bird-nested it once on the trip. All my reels are spincasters now, because I'm lazy and they're cheap...

I grew up using spinners and will get tangled up at times, but I can almost always pick it out. I've still got my first rig and a old Mitchell reel my dad gave me. Now days I bought this reel . I actually love this reel, mated it to a 6'-6" med. light Ugly Stick.
Never used a spin cast in my life, so know idea about them.

Welp.. Staunch supporter of the 'SoJ'.. Official State of Jefferson Movement ..And, while sure, it May be just a 'pipe dream', still - 'small steps' Have gained ground, incremental progress Has been made (several '2A Sanctuary Counties' are within the SoJ, etc..) - all of which makes a Statement.. Proud to be Constitutional 'Infidels'.. 😎 ..Just wish there was some way to simply 'cut the Rotten, Zommie Crust' off of California, cuz it Sure is a Beautiful, very, Very Resourceful State, otherwise..

Anyhoo, thus, I'm a 'SoJer' (pronounced how you would say 'Soldier' after several Tequilas.. :) And I am just Fine with that 'dual connotation'.. :cool:

jd

Well, Guardian... Several things went into its creation. Being a parent is and was one. Protecting those that would not or could not defend themselves was and is a major point. I have defended many either as part of employment or outright dealing with trash when a stand needs to be made. I call a spade a spade and will defend that position at all cost. Ask the opponents... Can't.... ;)

Mine is fairly obvious from my Avatar. I did grow up in the desert southwest. Visited Tombstone many times, and was always a huge fan of the West and the Earps. The unusual connection? Morgan and I share the same birthday 101 years apart.

I have a series of usernames I've used for years. Which name(s) I use depends on the category, in this case "social media". So, all my social media user names will have a connection to something social in my past. Sometimes it's a place, or a person, or an event. But... if for some reason I forgot my username here, I wouldn't have to guess. I have a finite list of social media usernames I've used for decades.

These days more and more internet accounts want/use an email address for the user name. Last month I created a whole series of throw away email addresses based on old usernames.

The advantage of having lists is I don't have to think up a new username for every new internet account I open. I just check my master list, check category and use the next one in line. When it has served its purpose it gets bumped to the bottom of the list. I might use it again 10 or 15 years later.

I miss the days when I only needed one or two email addresses, usernames or passwords. Working professionally in a world of computers and networks ended those days about 1990.

My user name was Crabapple on the other site, which is because I was raised in an farm community with pear trees, but very few apple trees. Mostly wild crabapples. I changed the name to JOEL because it is an inside joke, my DW says I think I am a prophet, like the book of JOEL. She is picking on me, because I am right more than I am wrong, it not my fault, it just happens.

A nickname for an electrician is Sparky.
I am a Master Electrician of 30 years.
I am a fan of sci-fi and grew up with the original Star Trek
Merged them into Masterspark
Have an electrician friend who’s nickname is Crosswire. 😁

Latest posts

Back