USPS

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattNH

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I use Amazon Prime a lot and I generally have no issue with deliveries to my house via the USPS. The carrier is a delightful woman who will pull into my driveway and leave packages in a vehicle if they are too big for the box. The USPS is incapable of delivering to my office, so if I need something for work and I use Amazon Prime, I usually ship to my house. If it's urgent I will pay for expedited shipping because it will come UPS or FedEx and they have no issue finding my office.

I had a rifle shipped to my FFL and I get this notification today. He does have a dog in the shop but she's a big baby and when I told him, he went out and checked ... no tire tracks in the dusting of snow. He may be madder than I am. My carrier is great, but a few towns over they're lying liars that lie. Hopefully I get my rifle delivered tomorrow
itMuuOt.jpg

Whoever said it was a dog?

Another critter has the major 'mad-on' for the mailman:

I use Amazon Prime a lot and I generally have no issue with deliveries to my house via the USPS. The carrier is a delightful woman who will pull into my driveway and leave packages in a vehicle if they are too big for the box. The USPS is incapable of delivering to my office, so if I need something for work and I use Amazon Prime, I usually ship to my house. If it's urgent I will pay for expedited shipping because it will come UPS or FedEx and they have no issue finding my office.

I had a rifle shipped to my FFL and I get this notification today. He does have a dog in the shop but she's a big baby and when I told him, he went out and checked ... no tire tracks in the dusting of snow. He may be madder than I am. My carrier is great, but a few towns over they're lying liars that lie. Hopefully I get my rifle delivered tomorrow
itMuuOt.jpg
Sometimes when a delivery person even sees a dog, they don’t attempt delivery. They have no idea if the dog is friendly or not and no desire to find out the hard way if it’s not friendly. I don’t blame them. I am always a bit leery of dogs I don’t know. Especially if the owner isn’t there to control his dog.

The rifle was delivered today. I was at a volleyball tournament in Lawrence, MA and couldn't make it back before closing. I have to wait until Tuesday

The USPS does some amazing things.

About a year ago my wife and I were outside in the yard doing a little snow cleanup. We observed the mail truck go by and went to an address down the road to deliver a package, turned around and went back by us.. The next day I get a notice in my mailbox that the package they had for me wasn't able to be delivered as "no safe place to leave it".

Um.............she could have stopped and handed us the package as we were in the front yard and just a few feet from the road. :bang Head:

I actually had an occasion once when our delivery lady made a special trip back out to deliver a package after she was done with her route,I was surprised.

Latest posts

Back