Very rare white deer. Spotted near Mo/Kan border.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
very rare.jpg

4 or 5 yrs ago a white doe lived on my cousin's farm just down the road. I only saw it once, crossing the hwy by his house. I stopped to tell him about it. He said they'd been seeing it for a couple years.

I never saw it again. Hope no one killed it, no one local would have. These days city guys lease hunting lands out here in rural areas. They shoot anything that moves.

In my many years I've seen 2 albino white tail bucks... Both in the Black Hills of South Dakota in about the same 5 mile area... These sightings about 5 years apart.. Yes. They were both true albino.. Pink inside the ear, pink nose, pink around the hooves, and red reflection in the eyes..
Of all the game in the many places that I have been this is my only 2 personal incidents..

From Wildlife Biology 101, I don't remember a lot but believe there are a number of issues with hereditary, dominant, recessive genes, and location restrictions of herds that make a big contribution to this issue or its recurrence...
My 5 cents of experience and knowledge..

look at the ears vs size of head. Supervisors deer photo are deer. The top photo looks like a goat. I could take a photo of our 1 year old Kiko mixes and put some bushes in front of it and it would look close to the same . It looks like there might be horns on it too going back , like a Boer goat

I screenshot it to see if i could make it larger for yall to see better. try clicking on image now..its a bigger picture for sure.

screenshot-www.homesteadingforum.org-2024.05.07-19_45_27.png

try it one more time screenshot to get even larger...maybe...ya gotta click on picture to get largest view of it.

screenshot-www.homesteadingforum.org-2024.05.07-19_49_59.png

that looks even more like a goat, definitely looks like it has horns and just holding his head up and you can't see them well, or they are still small

Back