Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magpie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I tied a freezer bag with vinegar in it to my shower head and left it for the day to remove limescale. It did a brilliant job. I already use it with bread soda to unblock the sinks and make a cleaner with orange peels.

1706121494914.png
(Not my photo)

I had a quick look and didn't find a thread dedicated to vinegar, and I thought the new folks on the forum might be interested.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/vinegar-cleaning-hacks-thatll-save-you-money/

I use vinegar and baking soda to clean my drains, it seems to help bust anything stuck in drain.
On a different note, my daughter uses vinegar on her face after shower, doesn’t use soap.
It's good for circulation. For folks who are fair (like Moi) it makes my skin all red 😂

I use vinegar in my fabric softener port in the washing machine. Also keep some in a spritzer bottle for countertops. Works great for getting rust off metal as well. I buy gallons of it at a time. Wish I could get a 30g. barrel of it.

It's good for circulation. For folks who are fair (like Moi) it makes my skin all red 😂

I use vinegar in my fabric softener port in the washing machine. Also keep some in a spritzer bottle for countertops. Works great for getting rust off metal as well. I buy gallons of it at a time. Wish I could get a 30g. barrel of it.
The Princess left a metal pan on the counter leaving a rust stain.

I covered with layers of paper towel on it soaked in vinegar. It took a while but the stain is gone.

Ben

I use a bit of white vinegar in milk to make buttermilk, sour milk pancakes and waffle batter and the like..

Also a bit of apple cider vinegar in lemon ice tea mix to make a light version of ..hay makers punch..

We've also previously discussed using white vinegar to clean out coffee makers. Once the hot vinegar passes into the glass carafe, empty it into your sink and bathroom drains. It makes them smell good while scrubbing your pipes. Don't forget to pour some into the overflow holes usually on the front side of your bathroom sinks, since this is where most of the stink comes from.

Latest posts

Back