Vintage family stuff

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I did open a wood box I have from my parents/family
I need help on those things and I really dont want to rid of it
Ok ..they have sentimental values to me
I just would like to know what they are :heart/flower

Anyone can help...
E. I agree - if you could post a pix or two it would be super helpful. I love "old" stuff and have several oddities for the same reason. ♥️

Here one its a necklace..its a lion head and on the sides handshakes
SAM_0641.JPG

View attachment 127210
A jeweler would be able to help you determine the composition. I would "guess" it would be in conjunction with a club of some sort. Oddfellows was 3 rings, Rebeccah's (sp?) was a shield, etc. I don't know what organization used the hand-shake but that might be a basis for a google search. Or if you know the club that the family member was a part of. I would use it to adorn a lamp shade or around a vase or some such thing so it would be used and admired. 😍

A jeweler would be able to help you determine the composition. I would "guess" it would be in conjunction with a club of some sort. Oddfellows was 3 rings, Rebeccah's (sp?) was a shield, etc. I don't know what organization used the hand-shake but that might be a basis for a google search. Or if you know the club that the family member was a part of. I would use it to adorn a lamp shade or around a vase or some such thing so it would be used and admired. 😍

View attachment 127210
Free Mason's I believe have a handshake.
The crown and lion head's makes me think of England for some reason
The ribbons on the bottom could be for important dates
Is it silver or silver plate?
Do you know?

Haha - seems unlikely then. 😁
The crown made me think of things I've seen amongst my Canadian cousins, and saw that you were from Canada, so...
Now I've got nuth'n.
Those things were to my family not only my mother and father
And those were some of my family stuff.
One old Aunt asked me if I wanted it

And I said yes.
My sister got a lot of all kind of things too

PS I am the kind of person that when someone give me something
I just cannot rid of it...I guess its sentimental :confused:

Maybe from India

I dont know.. lol Maybe :dunno:

I post those things here just to know if anyone can tell me
if you have clue.

My family are all Caucasian born in America
But back then my maternal grandma told me her family did
move from Eastern Europe by ship to USA then some did move in Canada

I had family in USA and some in Canada

While I do read the thread ...I do some searches too

That was given to me by one of my uncle
its from Birks, Made in England, 9karat
I can see it and its
$900.00 CAD :oops:

Description​

Metal9k Yellow Gold
Length7"
Width7.65mm
Weight 9.38gm

'Birks' Faceted Gold Bangle Bracelet​

7"

Attachments

• SAM_0649.JPG
    SAM_0649.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The bracelet reminds me of mastodon ivory but it could be polished bone it is hard to tell with just a photo.

Look for stamps on the back, of the necklace. These might indicate the manufacturer or a silver grade. There are tons of organizations that use shaking hands logos. Often they are used with international, or other, partnerships. The lion and crown indicate, to me, some association with the English royalty, that might include Canada. Is there a motto on the ribbon? Are those bumps along the chain and crown or is something inset?

Either of those might have been picked up on a trip or they might be gifts from someone on a trip. They might also have been inherited and passed down, just like you got it. If the second bracelet is from England the necklace might be as well.

Now that ..that is a old weird bracelet..its old and its metal maybe brass - wood and natural something
This reminds me of art deco type jewelry maybe from the 1920s-30s, but I honestly don’t know what era. I have a couple of pieces from one of my grandmothers, just costume jewelry.

View attachment 127210

See what I found !!!!!! :)

• Vintage from the 1980s

• Materials: Gold tone metal, Designer Signed Accessocraft N Y C

• Style: Edwardian

Stunner Majestic Looking Vintage Piece Signed By Designer Accessocraft NYC New York City CROWN Lion Shield Hands Shaking Center Pendant Dramatic Showy Runway Textured Double Chain-Link

1711585012996.png

https://www.etsy.com/hk-en/listing/172783641/accessocraft-nyc-crown-lion-shield-hands?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=accessocraft+nyc&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&pro=1&content_source=994f5c4092997e94926bfae450bec1f232731eeb%3A172783641&organic_search_click=1

Latest posts

Back