Vintage Sun Pantry Fruit Dryer question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tootsie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Good morning everyone! It’s a beautiful day to be putting away the harvest.
I have a question for a more experienced person. I have a vintage fruit dryer, a wooden set-up with 4 aluminum screens. It is old and dry. Could this be used in a modern oven (electric) on low heat? My regular dehydrators quit, and a replacement is on order, but there are a few things needing attention.
I have a feeling that this is a solar like dryer. What says you?
Thanks!

edit- actually, the name of the product gives me an answer. ‘Sun’ dry. I’d be better off using the plastic trays from the dead dehydrator in the oven on low heat. Oh well. Time for another cup of coffee.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! It’s a beautiful day to be putting away the harvest.
I have a question for a more experienced person. I have a vintage fruit dryer, a wooden set-up with 4 aluminum screens. It is old and dry. Could this be used in a modern oven (electric) on low heat? My regular dehydrators quit, and a replacement is on order, but there are a few things needing attention.
I have a feeling that this is a solar like dryer. What says you?
Thanks!

edit- actually, the name of the product gives me an answer. ‘Sun’ dry. I’d be better off using the plastic trays from the dead dehydrator in the oven on low heat. Oh well. Time for another cup of coffee.
If it was me, I would feel more comfortable using the wood/metal in the oven than the plastic. I would be concerned that where the plastic touched the metal oven racks, it would be too hot and melt. Just my 2c.

Latest posts

Back