Vitamix: Anyone have one? Are they worth it?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My daughter loves hers and uses it all the time. She's encouraging me to get one for cooking use. I have never really used a blender much in my entire life. Are Vitamix's useful for enhancing your cooking skills and results? They're not exactly cheap.

My daughter loves hers and uses it all the time. She's encouraging me to get one for cooking use. I have never really used a blender much in my entire life. Are Vitamix's useful for enhancing your cooking skills and results? They're not exactly cheap.
It's a super-expensive blender to see who is gullible enough to pay $729 for a dang blender.
I am not anti-blender BTW, they are essential if you are making frozen margaritas:thumbs:.
Other than that, they are just a decoration for your counter.:confused:

They're expensive. But not $729 worth of expensive!
How silly of me.
I didn't research good enough. :confused:
$729 ain't gonna cut it. gaah
Better? :
Screenshot_20221020-000617.png

I'm certain everybody has one :thumbs:.

Last edited:
I have a blender that's only been used for making drinks. (I didn't want one, DH & son outvoted me) Otherwise I use my immersion blender for soups, smoothies, etc. Easier to clean imo.

How silly of me.
I didn't research good enough. :confused:
$729 ain't gonna cut it. gaah
Better? :
View attachment 96259
I'm certain everybody has one :thumbs:.
I don't know about the brand name but The Princess has something similar. She uses it maybe twice a month when she makes casseroles for the freezer. One staple casserole she makes is "Seven layer casserole". It calls dor a layer of chopped ham which were the dood processor is involved.
She cooks a big ham for the Sunday dinner at Gramma's house. The leftovers get set aside for ham sandwiches and the rest is frozen to be used in the casserole.

She also buys cheddar cheese in bulk and uses the processor for shredded cheese.

So she has one and uses it regularly.

Ben

I got one fairly recently as a gift. I've wanted one for decades. Evidently you can grind grains in them, but I haven't tried that yet. You have to be careful with using them, because the motor can be damaged. They can heat things up because of how fast the blades turn.

Daughter has had one for a number of years. She does this thing of using canning jars, and making smoothies. She sets up the jars and fills a case of them up with her ingredients: greens, blueberries, bananas, collagen powder, and a few other things. She puts the lid on and freezes them. In the morning she uses one jar and adds some kind of milk or juice and a few other things in her Vitamix. Smoothie gets poured back into the canning jar and the lid goes on, ready to go out the door.

Yes, My new bride wanted one, but $500.00 was a lot of money in 1984, so I saved up & got it for her anniversary. We are still using the stainless steel Vitamix today (37years). Plus she has bought our children the newer model when they left home.

It's a super-expensive blender to see who is gullible enough to pay $729 for a dang blender.
I am not anti-blender BTW, they are essential if you are making frozen margaritas:thumbs:.
Other than that, they are just a decoration for your counter.:confused:
It is more than a blender, but even a blender cost $100.00 & you will buy four or more in forty years.
The Vitamix will grind whole wheat & make bread, I saw the wife do it, it makes ice cream, hot soup.
I used it to grind coffee, when my coffee grinder broke & clean up is easy.
After 37 year you could not buy it off me at any price.
So if it is to rich for your blood fine, that is your right.
But John Wayne was not just an actor & Vitamix is not just a blander!

The
The one I'm looking at is rated at 2.2 horsepower, which seems a bit of overkill if it just made Daiquiris.
wife stays on Face book market place & found one for about the one third of the new cost, we drive twenty miles, got it & went to a sea food place for lunch. She later got one from a daughter who had bought her own & inherent one when her mother passed.
So the whole family has one know. We still do not have a food processer, for some reason.

The food processor is why I'm undecided on the Vitamix. We have three, that's correct, THREE high end Cuisinart food processors and we don't use any of them. One big model, one small model, and a second big model that we got from my mom after she died. We have "played with" them, but not used them seriously. But being retired, and sick of high restaurant prices, I have been cooking at home a lot more over the last few years. So my wishy-washy-ness on the Vitamix purchase is me thinking "Should I just try using the Cuisinart first, before buying a Vitamix?" Some of the things they can do overlap, but there are differences too. I am not adverse to having appliances with overlapping functions. I have a rice cooker, a steamer, and an Instant Pot. Lots of overlap there. But I use each of these machines all the time, and wouldn't want to get rid of any of them.

I have had a vitamix for over 15 yrs. It quit working and they replaced it. I since have traded that in for a newer model with the food processor. I am with @joel , no amount of money will get mine either.
i have made soups, almond butter, coconut milk, smoothies, ground wheat and coffee. It will scramble an egg from raw to cooked.
costco sells one for 399 but you can get it on sale for 299.

To me the concept is more valuable than the product?

Latest posts

Back