Wake up call!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t focus so much on planning to bug out to the woods. Going to a new area and environment like that with minimal experience would be tough. Any friends or family you could contact?
I do. I have siblings but, all are married with kids. It would feel really weird for me to be around that, knowing that prepping and conserving is not their main goal in life. I would not rely on friends either, since majority of them have different priorities in life, such as getting high, laid or drunk. A BOB is something I do want in hand just because, of the city, I live in. It would not be my first option, but I would like to know I have a plan B, anytime I need to get out quickly. CA, is a liberal state, things can get really ugly here very fast. I don't necessarily intend to live in the wild eighter but, just in case I would know hot to survive a day or two (at least). Ther are many great neighboring states I can go to if CA decided to blow itself to pieces. I am also planning to have at least 3 month supply or more to live on. but, its a challenge living in a urban city. Not much space. I have seen many people in the prepping community with better resources on hand due to the larger space to forage and grow. Something we dont have here for sure.

Last edited:
I do. I have siblings but, all are married with kids. It would feel really weird for me to be around that, knowing that prepping and conserving is not their main goal in life.

When the SHTF, family bonds will be more reliable than those of friends or neighbors. It will probably be dog eat dog and survival of the fittest, especially in those megopolis cities like LA, Chicago, Boston, et.al.

When the SHTF, family bonds will be more reliable than those of friends or neighbors. It will probably be dog eat dog and survival of the fittest, especially in those megopolis cities like LA, Chicago, Boston, et.al.
Yes, one of my biggest fear of living alone. Resources get depleted very easily and fast. Especially in a wide panic, city lockdown is very possible, making desperate people do the worst things. I have considered joining family but, can be detrimental for my mental health.

I do. I have siblings but, all are married with kids. It would feel really weird for me to be around that, knowing that prepping and conserving is not their main goal in life. I would not rely on friends either, since majority of them have different priorities in life, such as getting high, laid or drunk. A BOB is something I do want in hand just because, of the city, I live in. It would not be my first option, but I would like to know I have a plan B, anytime I need to get out quickly. CA, is a liberal state, things can get really ugly here very fast. I don't necessarily intend to live in the wild eighter but, just in case I would know hot to survive a day or two (at least). Ther are many great neighboring states I can go to if CA decided to blow itself to pieces. I am also planning to have at least 3 month supply or more to live on. but, its a challenge living in a urban city. Not much space. I have seen many people in the prepping community with better resources on hand due to the larger space to forage and grow. Something we dont have here for sure.
My point wasn’t just about surviving in the wild, but more to the point of just bugging out without a destination and a plan is a bad place to be in an emergency. I wouldn’t want to just be out on the road wandering. That kind of sounds like a refugee. The only time I would just head out like that is if the place I was in was really bad. Having some place to hole up is likely better than none. Do some serious thinking about what options are available to you at this time. Doing that after the event isn’t the time to make major decisions. As far as your siblings not being preppers, well, if things really do go south you might be surprised how many newly minted preppers there will be.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.

Latest posts

Back