Walmart raises age to buy guns / ammo to 21

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Giant Yawn]
Like I needed another excuse not to go to Walmart:rolleyes:.
And their plastic bags suck...
And they sell junk...
....(and 147 other reasons).....
Whoop-tee-damdoo.

[Giant Yawn]
Like I needed another excuse not to go to Walmart:rolleyes:.
And their plastic bags suck...
And they sell junk...
....(and 147 other reasons).....
Whoop-tee-damdoo.

DITTO!

I don't shop at China Mart.

Where I live, its the only place we can buy groceries economically on our pension money. We hate it, but suck it up.

"Walmart previously stopped offering modern sporting rifles, including the AR-15, in 2015."

Guess they don't consider the Mini 14 a "modern sporting rifle" cause the only versions they sell have wood stocks. Our local Walmart still had minis the last time in was in there a few weeks ago. I know, I know. Shhhh about the mini14.:cool:

I'm sure the Democrats, ACLU, state attorneys, etc. will be all over this, since retailers evidently can't refuse to sell to someone who can legally buy their product. Like with the baker who refused to sell a cake to a gay couple.

I expect to hear a liberal outcry over this discriminatory move by WalMart any minute now...

I'm sure the Democrats, ACLU, state attorneys, etc. will be all over this, since retailers evidently can't refuse to sell to someone who can legally buy their product. Like with the baker who refused to sell a cake to a gay couple.

I expect to hear a liberal outcry over this discriminatory move by WalMart any minute now...

sarcasm.gif

Hope you're not holding your breath

I thought I read on the net that Wal-Mart wasn't going to sell firearms or ammo anymore.

WM stopped selling firearms in select markets many years ago, mostly in urban areas. The WMs here still sell firearms and ammo.

I prefer to support my LGSs even though their prices are higher. They have higher quality firearms in addition to the entry level guns that WM sells, plus they have hand guns and they also provide support to local shooting sports programs in addition to having staff that knows firearms. They also buy and sell used firearms.

The LGS closest to me hosts 3 separate summer shooting camps for youth, training 30 kids in each camp. The children pay nothing. The LGS pays for everything. Many of the LGSs within a 125 miles of me have ranges also.

That said, I do like the WM Blue Ribbon brand chocolate chip ice cream sold in gallon buckets..

Add LL Bean and Kroger to the list of stores raising age limit to buy guns.

That said, I do like the WM Blue Ribbon brand chocolate chip ice cream sold in gallon buckets..
lol.gif
And for me (Mr. lactose-intolerant) that would be a lethal weapon:eek:opsie:...mass casualties from a chemical weapons attack.

I love Walmart but there are some things I won't buy there. I mostly buy food there.

I am not a fan of Walmart (WM), but being on a fixed income and having only one grocery store alternative (whose prices are substantially higher), we shop WM to make our money stretch as far as possible. We mainly get food, OTC medicines, and household supplies there. Sometimes our local WM has decent ammo sales. Today, they have shotgun slugs on sale for about 1/2 price, although I did not buy any.

I love Walmart but there are some things I won't buy there. I mostly buy food there.
I mostly buy food* there too. Forget buying beef there. All of it has been frozen for weeks and tastes like cardboard.
Their chicken breasts are about as big as a size-11 boot and about as hard to chew.
*I buy only name-brand stuff there except sugar. They only carry their store brand anymore with the black specks in it.:vomit:
Fortunately my coffee is black so I never think about it:rolleyes:.
The only firearm related stuff I buy there is cheap skeet ammo (doesn't make sense to pay shipping on something so cheap per pound).
And paper targets. Not much different from gas-station paper-towels with circles drawn on them; I'm just to lazy to draw.

Mine are canned and bagged, mostly Great Value brand.

Don't have a Walmart in the neighborhood...closest one to my 10-20 would be on US1 in far NE Philly.

Never felt the inclination to stop in...do they sell ammo !?

Most Walmarts in this part of the world sell long guns (no hand guns) and ammo. They traditionally have had a good selection of handgun ammo (including mega packs) and undercut the local gun shops. Now Atwoods farm and ranch stores has joined in and is selling long guns and handguns and undercutting WM. Last week Atwoods had .22 Mag on sale for $9. That's the cheapest I've seen it in years. Our local WM (20 miles away) has many rifle calibers on sale right now.

That said, some WMs in urban areas have chosen to not sell any guns as an alleged method of reducing gun crime - a very flawed move, in my opinion.

Most Walmarts in this part of the world sell long guns (no hand guns) and ammo.
That said, some WMs in urban areas have chosen to not sell any guns as an alleged method of reducing gun crime - a very flawed move, in my opinion.

Never been in a Walmart...NOW I really don't care if I ever do. :cool:

Kevin,

You don't need to go to Walmart to buy anything. They are great amusement attractions without having to go to Orlando and buy an "E" ticket. Just drop by the garden center, relax in a chaise lounge, and watch the world go by................
:lol:

https://www.pinterest.com/calpaldale/attention-walmart-shoppers/

I don’t even know where to begin with that...
shock.gif
BIGNO.gif

Latest posts

Back