Was this still playing on the radio when you were a kid?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would this count as British Invasion, Classic Blues?

Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

Well, they were British, and they did start in 1964 so they would qualify. IMHO the "British Invasion" would include the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Dave Clark 5, Hermans Hermits, The Hollies, probably a few more.

I'm sure you knew, but The High Chaparal was filmed at Old Tucson. No chapparal there, and chapparal wherever it was never really did get high. But we overlook a lot of things when the show is popular.

Well, they were British, and they did start in 1964 so they would qualify. IMHO the "British Invasion" would include the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Dave Clark 5, Hermans Hermits, The Hollies, probably a few more.

I'm sure you knew, but The High Chaparal was filmed at Old Tucson. No chapparal there, and chapparal wherever it was never really did get high. But we overlook a lot of things when the show is popular.
The earliest radio I can recall was a neighbor kid was showing off his 9 transistor radio and I think the song was "I want to hold your hand" by the Beetles. I was never much of a pop music type but I was fascinated when he opened the back so I could see the 9 transistors. :thumbs:

Ben

I used Nights in White Satin as a satirical response to your British invasion, Classic Rock and blues reference.

Because they are British, their name has blues in it and the song qualifies as classic rock.

The TV series High Chapparral took the song Telstar and added an orchestra and acoustic guitars, so they borrowed quite heavily in my estimation.

And as anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge knows that if a movie/TV show features Saguaros it was in all likelihood filmed in Arizona, or possibly Sonora Mexico.

I watched "The Searchers" the other day and it was supposed to take place in Texas but was filmed in Monument Valley on the Navajo reservation and located primarily in Arizona.

I watched "The Searchers" the other day and it was supposed to take place in Texas but was filmed in Monument Valley on the Navajo reservation and located primarily in Arizona.

I know the feeling, and I really can't watch that movie anymore. If there was ever a Texas Ranger in Monument Valley, they must have been "beamed aboard". When it is that unrealistic, it loses me completely.

I feel deprived in a way. I never really listened to the radio at home. I had a little radio for a while, only listened to the Atlanta Braves during baseball season. And they lost, year after year after year.

My family only listened at home during breakfast, a lot of farm reports and weather. If I were in a car I might hear some country music.

95% of the music I heard was live, lots of pickers in my family so I did have that. I was around live music every day.

Someone mentioned Amos and Andy, I’ve never heard them. I have heard the “Lum and Abner” show, funny. I remember hearing it on my grandpa’s tractor, a JD 4020 with a radio on it.

We’d plow for a month getting fields ready for cotton (400acres). Grandma would pick me up from the school bus. I’d plow until about 10:30pm. Having a radio to listen to was great! Of course it had to be loud to hear over a tractor. At 10:10pm the “Lum and Abner” show came on and I knew my night was almost over. An uncle would relieve me for the night shift at 10:30 and take me home.

Back