Washington State Initiative 1639

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOOTER13

SNIPER
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
From Linked PDF Provided by: Talk Firearms Member Lucian:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changes Made To I-1639 ~ (3/8/2019)

To read entire I-1639 use link below:

https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_...e_Requirements_Measure_(2018)#Text_of_measure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Washington State
"Initiative 1639, filed by Michael Bloomberg’s front group, the Alliance for Gun Responsibility "

"Republican Representative Matt Shea introduced House Bill 2103 to repeal I-1639. The bill was read for the first time on February 20, 2019, and was referred to the Committee on Civil Rights & Judiciary. To read the text of HB 2103, click here.

Shea said "Initiative 1639 is unconstitutional in many respects and punishes law-abiding citizens, while doing nothing to keep firearms away from criminals.

We live in a Republic, not a Democracy. A Republic is based on the rule of law which means every law that is passed must be constitutional.

It is very clear this initiative is not, and thus the reason for the repeal."[5] "

/QUOTE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(color emphasis provided by SHOOTER13)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the very same above linked PDF:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See also: Voting in Washington

Poll times

Washington is a mail-in ballot state and does not have polling places

Registration requirements

To vote in Washington, one must be a citizen of the United States, a resident of Washington, and at least 18 years of age.[45]

One may register to vote online, by mail, or in-person at a county elections department. Registration must be completed 29 days in advance if done by mail or online. If registering in person, registration must be completed eight days prior to the election.[46]

In 2018, Washington lawmakers adopted legislation providing for same-day voter registration and automatic voter registration beginning in 2019.[47]

Online registration

See also: Online voter registration
Washington has implemented an online voter registration system. Residents can register to vote by visiting this website.

Voter ID requirements

Washington is a vote-by-mail state; as such, identification is generally not required of voters.

/Quote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(color emphasis provided by SHOOTER13)

Voter ID requirements

Washington is a vote-by-mail state; as such, identification is generally not required of voters.

/Quote
Since identification is not required to vote, we should all vote:woo hoo:.
Welcome to the great state of Seattle!!!

I loved reading the term "Semiautomatic Assault Rifle" used throughout "Initiative Measure No. 1639":bang Head:.
Nothing screams stupid like an oxymoronic term.

@Lucian253 :
When you've had enough, vote with one of these:
moving-truck-rental-houston-saw-a-4-percent-increase-in-u-haul-rentals-headed-into-the-state-77063-unlimited-miles-enterprise.jpg

Plenty of freedom-loving states are ready to welcome you!:great:

It's probably a lost cause. If not now, then it will happen later.
Like the great state of "Denver" (formerly known as Colorado):
colorado-map-full.png

When the worthless, blue-nose urbanites outnumber the rest of the ordinary citizens, the battle is lost.
And they breed faster than we do:oops:.

I would guess Colorado is next on their list.
Sorry, they are two steps ahead of you:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/us/colorado-red-flag-gun-laws/index.html
If somebody 'doesn't like you' they can take your guns away with no due-process.

And good luck getting 'low-capacity' magazines for the guns you do have:bang Head::
https://www.cpr.org/news/story/colorado-sheriffs-dump-ban-on-high-capacity-gun-magazines
It's a slippery slope downhill when the blues seize control:rolleyes:.
Welcome to the new state of Denver!!!

Soon to be so smoked up that they won't even know they are being overrun by illegal immigrants dropped off at the local Walmart to live in the parking lot.

Stoned Ass Imbeciles...

vtGYEVK.gif

So WA will be using federal background for another year. Word came down today, that the fbi gave WA an extension until July 1st, 2020. WA state wasn’t ready to take over background checks. Another year of buying guns!!

I loved reading the term "Semiautomatic Assault Rifle"

Lol, or that dumbass army general who said in a video about AR 15's, that he has it set to "full semiautomatic".

:bang Head:

Plenty of freedom-loving states are ready to welcome you!

Won't be for long if we don't start standing up. I keep trying to get the younger generation involved, but they are too busy paying attention to stuff that don't matter.

..I keep trying to get the younger generation involved, but they are too busy paying attention to stuff that don't matter.
Ask to borrow their cellphone to take an awesome slow-motion video of a bullet moving thru air.
Set it up and shoot it right thru the center.

I had a gut-full of their short-attention-span crap when a young guy I was working with kept getting interrupted about every 4.3 seconds.
I said: "hey, let me see that", rared back with a ball-peen hammer and asked him if he wanted a new phone.
"That phone cost $150!!!:eek:" he said.

I told him "I got your one-fifty!" and I'll have your attention the rest of the day.

He turned it off.

Latest posts

Back