Water Hemlock — The Deadliest Plant In North America

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted my pictures on a local foraging group and I got the suggestion of upright hedge parsley or wild parsnip.

Edited to fix my error.

upright hedge parsley

I think we have a winner... from asia!!!

I have wild plants growing on my farm from Europe, Africa, India, Brazil, Columbia, and a dozen from southeast asia. Modern international trade ships more than trade goods. Lots of plants and animals hitch a ride to the US, not just mexicans. 😁

Big picture, some plants are tied to certain soil and weather conditions, will only grow in very specific circumstances. Other plants are much more adaptable to similar, but not the same conditions.

With modern travel these plants can change continents. So, i wouldn't be surprised to see a few west texas plants in east texas... :)

Last edited:
Great info.. my husband and I always joke this time of year... "Oh, look at all the pretty white flowers on the side of the road that will either cure you or kill you" .. I leave them white flowers alone.. except the elderberry I have planted myself on my own property!

Back