We are here, it's happening now!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God gave us a chance to catch our breath, a little time to top off our stores, as far as I'm concerned, we've had the coup and th
ey are running things like a funny farm, I know that is not PC but it's the closest to what I can describe as to what has happened.

I'd say, "Hate the game, not the player"

If you live in a place that is 'run' by other people period, it's always going to be a bad time. Thats the problem. Even if your side wins, your still in a country where half of it is then being oppressed.

I think its almost better to be the losing side than the winning side. I'd rather hate the government, that have the government on my side, and hate the people.

Sounds like my 2008 Tundra
Probably my only complaint of our Tundra, crappy bumpers, but when it comes to hauling heavy loads, it's right up there with the 89 F-250 we used to own, 2,380 pounds of garden soil and the rubber bump stops still had over an inch before they touched.

It is simply "the chickens have come home to roost" from us shipping all of that manufacturing overseas in the late 90's because it was soooo much cheaper.🤪
They are still working on building the machines that will make chips here again:(... let alone, opening plants, hiring workers, and actually starting to make chips.
The buildings used to make chips are built on shock absorbers (as of circa 1990).

Ben

Probably my only complaint of our Tundra, crappy bumpers, but when it comes to hauling heavy loads, it's right up there with the 89 F-250 we used to own, 2,380 pounds of garden soil and the rubber bump stops still had over an inch before they touched.
Only real complaint I've had was my previous 08 Tundra. I got rear ended by a jeep while sitting at a red light. They left no skid marks so I assume was running 40+mph. It jacked my truck up in the middle of the frame, buckled the bed. I bet the frame lifted over a foot. What a mess, but I drove it home. Found one just like it, down to the color and bed length (8'), on line, drove to NC to pick it up. They've been great towing the 5th wheel and the big trailer with the tractor on it. Plenty of power, plenty of torque

Brakes
Transmision
Environmental emisions
Security
Door locks
Heating cooling
Lane monitoring
Self driving
Cruise control

A lot more than just a carb

Ben

Damn, cars have really gotten weird. My newest is a 2000 so I don't have most of that crap.

Alright then, zombies, they need to rise up and get to work!
We're still waiting for the 'evil experimental mRNA gene-modifying vax' to start creating them :(.
Any day now....:popcorn:

...Any day now....

Didn't you Hear?? It Worked! (..but Every Single One of the ZomBots Died in the clinical trials..) 😬 :rolleyes:

..All just 'Fake News'? Stories - No More Silence - Telling Our Stories 🤔 ..And, to the Invariable quip that 'See?! That's not very many people!!', well.. a) That's just One site, and is just gettin goin, and b) ..It's Early Yet.. o_O

Ya, No Thanks.. We're good. 👍
jd

Brakes
Transmision
Environmental emisions
Security
Door locks
Heating cooling
Lane monitoring
Self driving
Cruise control

A lot more than just a carb

Ben
But how much of that do you actually need?? I mean aside from the power brakes. I had a truck without power brakes and no thank you....

I do have a stick shift (in the Mustang). It controls the transmission. It is also a "millennial anti-theft device".

I had an old truck, the one without power brakes, that had 3 in the tree. A guy tried to steal it in Austin but couldn't figure it out. Very intertaining video, he was so fusterated.

Latest posts

Back