We got pictures, how about biographies?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha. I was on the Prepared Society forum at a young age. 😬

Not surprising. I joined when I was 32. Roo was still a baby. She is over `10 years old now.

Same, I was put with the grade ahead for reading. It didn't go well, they resented my presence and I was returned to my own class because they picked on me. I did poorly in some of my HS classes, I think because reading comprehension came so easily that I never learned to apply myself. I did really well in all my English classes. At junior college I wrote and illustrated a children's book for a class, and the prof told me to pursue getting it published. Of course I dismissed it as being silly. Now I wonder what might have been...
Its funny hearing you all speak of being advanced readers so young. I was same way. Always reading something. I was at HS level early in elementary school. But was bored to death doing class work and detested homework. Teachers always told my parents he knows the answers and will always answer in class, but won't write it down. Needless to say my grades weren't the best and I never really applied myself. Till I got in electronic school at 23. I had figured out after a crappy marriage and going job to job that I wanted to do something better. Finished tied for top spot in my class there.

Count me in. I was always a voracious reader. Still am. My grades were always pretty good until I got into college. Then there were other distractions. The statute of limitations should be up on all of those by now.

Backpacker, I think what you mention is a very common occurrence. When you are sitting in a classroom because you have to be there, and have little of no interest in the subject matter, it is hard to apply yourself, and put any effort into it. Once you find something that captures your interest you take it much more seriously. This is what you are going to do for a living, so you better be pretty good at it. I know I did.

Same, I was put with the grade ahead for reading. It didn't go well, they resented my presence and I was returned to my own class because they picked on me. I did poorly in some of my HS classes, I think because reading comprehension came so easily that I never learned to apply myself. I did really well in all my English classes. At junior college I wrote and illustrated a children's book for a class, and the prof told me to pursue getting it published. Of course I dismissed it as being silly. Now I wonder what might have been...
I was home schooled, I was reading at a college level in grade 1.
Man, they hated my guts!

Latest posts

Back