We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved this song the first time I heard it many years ago. But it was on a tv show... I had no idea who the singer was. Anyway, for some reason this song reminds me of our little forum. It's been just over 4years since we came to be... Many of us are still here. I've come to think of it as "Our Town". So, if we had a theme song...

Couple years ago I bought the box set of Northern Exposure. I heard the song again... It was played during the closing scenes of the final episode. Tonight I copied the those last few minutes of the dvd/isolated the audio. There are a few odd background noises... right at the end... remember the moose that was always on the show credits? You can hear his hoof clicks at the end of the mp3 (below if you want a copy, also, its in the key of B if you want to play along).

Iris Dement is singer/song writer. Our Town was the first song she wrote. Here she is with Emmylou Harris singing harmony (youtub).

My mp3 file

Your audio sounds better, wish it had EmmyLou singing back up on it. She definitely adds a sweet note to it, as does the steel guitar.
I went to a professional chamber music performance tonight. LOVE live music!!!!

I loved this song the first time I heard it many years ago. But it was on a tv show... I had no idea who the singer was. Anyway, for some reason this song reminds me of our little forum. It's been just over 4years since we came to be... Many of us are still here. I've come to think of it as "Our Town". So, if we had a theme song...

Couple years ago I bought the box set of Northern Exposure. I heard the song again... It was played during the closing scenes of the final episode. Tonight I copied the those last few minutes of the dvd/isolated the audio. There are a few odd background noises... right at the end... remember the moose that was always on the show credits? You can hear his hoof clicks at the end of the mp3 (below if you want a copy, also, its in the key of B if you want to play along).

Iris Dement is singer/song writer. Our Town was the first song she wrote. Here she is with Emmylou Harris singing harmony (youtub).

My mp3 file

View attachment 103916

Latest posts

Back