We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone remember the song ‘Two Doors Down’? It was written by Dolly Parton. On the hit album, Here You Come Again(1978). The funny part of this very sad, cry in your beer song. Dolly wrote it in a hotel room while her band went to dinner. She was on a diet and couldn’t go with them! She’s said of it… I can sit here feeling sorry for myself with my crappy protein shake, or write a song about the dinner party… two doors down.

This recording is Dwight Yokam, just him and his guitar. It’s rare but once in a great while there will be a singer and a song that belong together. I like Dolly’s version, she may not have known at the time… she really wrote it for Dwight Y. They are perfect match, can’t imagine anyone else singing it.

And the thought it was inspired by a protein shake makes me laugh! Listen to the words with a milk shake in mind... 🤣

Anyone remember the song ‘Two Doors Down’? It was written by Dolly Parton. On the hit album, Here You Come Again(1978). The funny part of this very sad, cry in your beer song. Dolly wrote it in a hotel room while her band went to dinner. She was on a diet and couldn’t go with them! She’s said of it… I can sit here feeling sorry for myself with my crappy protein shake, or write a song about the dinner party… two doors down.

This recording is Dwight Yokam, just him and his guitar. It’s rare but once in a great while there will be a singer and a song that belong together. I like Dolly’s version, she may not have known at the time… she really wrote it for Dwight Y. They are perfect match, can’t imagine anyone else singing it.

And the thought it was inspired by a protein shake makes me laugh! Listen to the words with a milk shake in mind... 🤣

View attachment 121383
Will have to listen during daylight hours.

@LadyLocust Please help me find a video you posted months ago. I don't remember the name but...

It was 4 acoustic instruments doing a song from the John Hartford 'Fiddle Tune Project'.

Now that i have fast internet with no data caps I'd like to listen to that song again in it's entirety.. instead of my computer stopping every 30seconds to load more video data.

@LadyLocust Please help me find a video you posted months ago. I don't remember the name but...

It was 4 acoustic instruments doing a song from the John Hartford 'Fiddle Tune Project'.

Now that i have fast internet with no data caps I'd like to listen to that song again in it's entirety.. instead of my computer stopping every 30seconds to load more video data.
I will see what I can come up with.

Don’t give up on me. It might take a day or two- our internet is being slooow.

@LadyLocust Don't go out of your way! I thought you might remember. Mine is shaky enough, it may not have even been the fiddle tune project. Seems like 4 young men and women, playing cello, violin. May have been an up right bass there too. I just remember being really annoyed i couldn't watch the whole thing in one viewing.

@LadyLocust Don't go out of your way! I thought you might remember. Mine is shaky enough, it may not have even been the fiddle tune project. Seems like 4 young men and women, playing cello, violin. May have been an up right bass there too. I just remember being really annoyed i couldn't watch the whole thing in one viewing.
Oh probably not that one. It was still good to listen to it again 😣

So Angie Sutherland sings while her dad picked.
Blackmore’s Knight plays some cool instruments.
@Peanut I’ll assume you’ve already heard this but just in case. . . Hubby pulled it up and listened last night. It’s a 2 hr concert but if anyone likes pickin’ and sungin’ give the first song or two a listen. Incredible talent!

@Peanut do you know these fellas? I like them so far. This is the only song I’ve heard. Will be looking at more.

Finally got a chance to listen tonight... They are great!!! Thank you for posting! my metered internet... I can watch only a few videos each month so don't go looking for picking like this...

@Magpie Have you heard of these guys? white horse guitar club?

Funny, I've been to the White Horse Club in Halifax NS. Saw Johnny Winter play there, heck of a blues guitarist. Saw his brother Edgar in CA. The home club of the edgar bro's was in downtown vallejo ca, where i was stationed (don't remember it's name). Edgar would drop by occasionally, never saw johnny until halifax.
Ah ha. Think it’s this one. The whitehorse club. They are good. If you click on the little arrow by your name, it will take you to the video. Song is waterbound.

I’ve never heard Folsom Prison blues played like this! 5 guitar pickers, completely different styles and techniques. I’ve watched this 4 times now, notice more with each viewing. These guys can PLAY! @Morgan101 Tommy Emmanuel plays on this… along with Bryan Sutton, Guthrie Trapp, Pat Bergeson & Richard Smith.

I’ve never heard Folsom Prison blues played like this! 5 guitar pickers, completely different styles and techniques. I’ve watched this 4 times now, notice more with each viewing. These guys can PLAY! @Morgan101 Tommy Emmanuel plays on this… along with Bryan Sutton, Guthrie Trapp, Pat Bergeson & Richard Smith.

I love it. Thanks for sending. They are all great, but IMHO Tommy Emmanuelle is one of the best if not the best acoustic guitar player of all time. :great:

I've loved that song since the first time I heard Johnny Cash sing it in the mid-1950s......I was born in 1947.

Not big on lyrics, but this song has a great bass line. I really had to search, but it was David Hood from Muscle Shoals who played bass.

Latest posts

Back